+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help! - Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) Application

Canada_Quest

Apr 19, 2015
I applied for Permanent Residency in Canada through Canadian Experience Class (CEC) last year. My application was received in October 2014 and was placed into processing.

However, my current temporary work permit runs out in July this year and it is highly likely that the PR won't have been finalized by then.

I have looked into applying for a Bridging Open Work Permit in order to remain and work in the country past July while my PR is finalized. In order to be eligible to apply the following is required...

• Applicant must be currently in Canada
• Must be on a valid work permit that is due to expire within 4 months
• Must have received a positive eligibility decision on an application for Permanent Residence under FSWP, CEC, Federal PNP or FSTP

I qualify for the first two of those requirements. However, I need to confirm whether I also qualify for the third as well.

I did receive an email from CIO-Sydney in February that stated the following...

UCI: XXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXX*

Application: XXXXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXXXX*

Firstname Middlename Lastname:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Your application has now been placed into processing.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of 550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in XXXX). Your receipt number is XXXXXXXXXX. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your HPM Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please do not forward additional documents unless requested.

Does anyone know whether this is the correct letter that I need to apply for the BOWP?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

julcy

Mar 30, 2014
That's all you need :) That is your AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) letter and is what you need to apply for your bridging work permit.

Canada_Quest

Apr 19, 2015
julcy said:
That's all you need :) That is your AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) letter and is what you need to apply for your bridging work permit.
Thank you so much Juicy. I appreciate it.