+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help. Biometric letter not scanning at USCIS office.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
I went to the uscis biometric office today and I brought my biometric letter and passport. Unfortunately they tried to scan the letter and they were having problems and could not scan it! They said when they scanned it that "gibberish" came up and they could not read it. They said there was no way to transmit it to Canada. They sent me away and told me to contact Canada immigration. They told me this has never happened before....

Can anyone give me any kind of advice here? I feel like this should not be happening and its incredibly unfair. I can't even contract immigration Canada until Monday at the earliest. Please help. I need some advice!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I went to the uscis biometric office today and I brought my biometric letter and passport. Unfortunately they tried to scan the letter and they were having problems and could not scan it! They said when they scanned it that "gibberish" came up and they could not read it. They said there was no way to transmit it to Canada. They sent me away and told me to contact Canada immigration. They told me this has never happened before....

Can anyone give me any kind of advice here? I feel like this should not be happening and its incredibly unfair. I can't even contract immigration Canada until Monday at the earliest. Please help. I need some advice!
What do you mean it is unfair? This is at most technical difficulty if not human mistake. So try to relax a bit yourself.

If the letter printout has very clear bar code, you need to call IRCC on Monday to explain the issue. If the bar code is not clear, you need to reprint the letter. Did you ask USCIS to try to scan with different scanner? It could be scanner's problem too. But it may be too late to try since I assume you already came back. Anyways, don't panic it is not the end of the world. Talk to IRCC and they will help you. They can regenerate a new bar coded letter for you.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
I think its unfair if it has not happened to anyone else before. I will have to call them now and have them sort it out I guess... Hopefully they can even sort it out, apparently this has never happened to anyone before. What a hassle.

Nov 15, 2018

Hi,
I got the same letter asking to get my biometrics done at USCIS. I hope your problem has been resolved and done with your paper work. If you would help me with a question I have, that will very helpful. Q. Did you take an appointment with USCIS or did you just walk in to their office for Bio metrics? If appointment need to be taken, How did you contact USCIS? Did you call them? I really appreciate your response in this regard!

Thanks for your time!
Shameer