+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! Advised to have fake certificate to fill study gap.

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
My Profile is as follows :
Did Bachelors of Commerce (65%) in 2009
MBA (dropped after two semesters) in 2010-2011
Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource in 2012.
I Started my own clothing business online with my own designs in 2013 and did pretty well.
however, i registered my company only in 2017.
I am applying to Humber College for International Fashion Management for September 2020 intake. But now i donot have anything to show for my worl experience during the years I wasn’t registered.
My Consultant asked me to have an experience certificate in fashion industry from elsewhere.
What should I do? Is there any other way to fill that gap?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I Started my own clothing business online with my own designs in 2013 and did pretty well.
I am applying to Humber College for International Fashion Management for September 2020 intake. But now i donot have anything to show for my worl experience during the years I wasn’t registered.
My Consultant asked me to have an experience certificate in fashion industry from elsewhere.
If you fake a certificate, expect to be refused and banned from Canada for 5 years. Provide a letter to explain the 5 year gap. Don't lie, be honest about what you did during that time.

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
If you fake a certificate, expect to be refused and banned from Canada for 5 years. Provide a letter to explain the 5 year gap. Don't lie, be honest about what you did during that time.
I was selling costumes that I designed myself and was receiving payments from my clients in my savings account. In 2017 i got my company registered and open current account. For that 5 year gap, i only have my savings account bank statements as a proof of my work and no specifc name. Is that a valid proof of me doing work? I hope I don’t get a refusal.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
I was selling costumes that I designed myself and was receiving payments from my clients in my savings account. In 2017 i got my company registered and open current account. For that 5 year gap, i only have my savings account bank statements as a proof of my work and no specifc name. Is that a valid proof of me doing work? I hope I don’t get a refusal.
Just to be clear, why do you need an experience certificate in the first place?

First, Humber's eligibility criteria for Fashion Management do not appear to mention previous employment at all.
If you need to bring it up it at all, such as in your Statement of Purpose to Humber, you could state that you were self-employed and worked from home for those five years and then formally created your own Company for the remaining 3 years.

Second, while the Study Permit application asks for your employment history for the last 10 years, it does not 'require' you to be employed.
Here again you could list separately list the durations of self-employment as 'work-from-home' and as 'Owner of your Company'.
If you think this will work against you (and I don't think it will), clarify this in your Letter of Explanation. You could include the designs you created in a portfolio (design/ actual pictures), letters of appreciation from your Clients and your Bank Statements or Tax returns for that duration.

On the other hand, one thing is certain - lying about anything in your application will most likely get you a 5-year ban from IRCC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Get rid of the consultant. Advising you to commit immigration fraud and likely end up refused and banned is the stupidest advice to give.

Reactions: udit01

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
Just to be clear, why do you need an experience certificate in the first place?

First, Humber's eligibility criteria for Fashion Management do not appear to mention previous employment at all.
If you need to bring it up it at all, such as in your Statement of Purpose to Humber, you could state that you were self-employed and worked from home for those five years and then formally created your own Company for the remaining 3 years.

Second, while the Study Permit application asks for your employment history for the last 10 years, it does not 'require' you to be employed.
Here again you could list separately list the durations of self-employment as 'work-from-home' and as 'Owner of your Company'.
If you think this will work against you (and I don't think it will), clarify this in your Letter of Explanation. You could include the designs you created in a portfolio (design/ actual pictures), letters of appreciation from your Clients and your Bank Statements or Tax returns for that duration.

On the other hand, one thing is certain - lying about anything in your application will most likely get you a 5-year ban from IRCC.
Thank you so much for the response. I shall be writing an Affidavit stating that I was working from home for 4 years and then have my own company registered from Notary. I hope they understand the intention. Thank you for guidance again.

Reactions: ynandal99

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Here i thought consultants cant get any worse seriously your consultant just wants your money get rid of him/her