+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help! Advice needed

Deustch Girl

Nov 25, 2011
I have been working in Canada on a 2 year work visa that expires at the end of December 2011. I have decided to stay in Canada with my Canadian boyfriend. I would like to work in Canada as well. My questions are the following;
1. What is the most efficient way to apply for permanent residency given my situation?
2. I've heard of a point system being assigned based on applications...how does the point system work?
3. What do I need to do to work in Canada?

Your help and advice are greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deustch Girl said:
I have been working in Canada on a 2 year work visa that expires at the end of December 2011. I have decided to stay in Canada with my Canadian boyfriend. I would like to work in Canada as well. My questions are the following;
1. What is the most efficient way to apply for permanent residency given my situation?
2. I've heard of a point system being assigned based on applications...how does the point system work?
3. What do I need to do to work in Canada?

Your help and advice are greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you
1. If you worked the required hours in a skilled position you can apply for permanent residence under the Canada Experience Class. Otherwise, you need to see if you fit the criteria for the federal Skilled Worker program. Or, if you and your boyfriend have been living together for at least 12 months in a common-law relationship, he can apply to sponsor you as his common law partner. That's about all of your options.
2. That's the Federal Skilled Worker program. Have you read the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website? Might want to check it out. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
3. You need to find an employer that wants to hire you and has a positive Labour Market Opinion from Service Canada in order to hire you. Only then can you apply for a new work permit.

Other scenarios could apply but you need to read about the various programs first and decide which one fits your circumstances best.