+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help about bowp

samller

Sep 11, 2015
I don't know where to ask this question on this forum. I am serious in need of help.
Here is my situation:

I found a consultant to apply bowp for me, as I remeber the she selected " a work permit with current employer" on question 3 and I believe this paper application has already been sent out. Tonight, I saw something about this tricky question.

First, I applied PR application through EE under FSW. Current employer has no LMIA, and I sm holding a pgwp; expiry on Nov, 2015.

Then, I researhed on forums where some people say that if I chose " a work permit with current employer", my bowp will get rejected if my employer has no LMIA. However, some people say that doesn't matter either selecting " work permit with current employer " or " an initial work permit or a work permit with new employer"

Can someone please give me advise on this? I'm so stressful now and can't sleep :(

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
samller said:
I don't know where to ask this question on this forum. I am serious in need of help.
Here is my situation:

I found a consultant to apply bowp for me, as I remeber the she selected " a work permit with current employer" on question 3 and I believe this paper application has already been sent out. Tonight, I saw something about this tricky question.

First, I applied PR application through EE under FSW. Current employer has no LMIA, and I sm holding a pgwp; expiry on Nov, 2015.

Then, I researhed on forums where some people say that if I chose " a work permit with current employer", my bowp will get rejected if my employer has no LMIA. However, some people say that doesn't matter either selecting " work permit with current employer " or " an initial work permit or a work permit with new employer"

Can someone please give me advise on this? I'm so stressful now and can't sleep :(
It doesn't matter what employer you select when you're applying under cec, fsw or non-employer restricted pnp. The employer field isn't relevant for open work permit. But CIC will not create different application form for each specific case.
In fact I've applied for BOWP 3 times each time selecting different employer option and every time it was approved.
I know how stressful the process can be but try to relax and don't think to much about it.
Good luck.