+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please guys i got this email from Uni of Saskatchewan.....what is my chance

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Please guys i got this email from Uni of Saskatchewan.....what are my chances.
I am so worried

Hello,
Thank you for expressing your interest to study at the University of Saskatchewan and join the Department of Computer Science.
This year we saw an increase in the number of applications we received. The department received 479 requests for admissions from students all over the world. Unfortunately, we only have a limited number of seats to offer to students.
However, I would like to extend the opportunity to have your application considered for the Fall 2020 intake. Your application was very strong and we hope that you would consider attending the University of Saskatchewan at a later time.
If you would like to be considered for the Fall 2020 intake please let me know and I will carry your application forward.

Kindest Regards,

Graduate Program Assistant

Department of Computer Science

College of Arts and Science

University of Saskatchewan

176 Thorvaldson

Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5C9
Hi I have had a similar experience with Saskatchewan, just keep your options open , like apply to other schools too . Usask They denied me in 2018 and told me to opt for fall 2019 and they still denied me again , I can show you evidence . So don’t put all your hope in them .

nwolisaemmanuel

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi I have had a similar experience with Saskatchewan, just keep your options open , like apply to other schools too . Usask They denied me in 2018 and told me to opt for fall 2019 and they still denied me again , I can show you evidence . So don’t put all your hope in them .
Please can you show me.thanks

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
But I gained admission in university of saktchewan, October to resume 6th of January, they are very polite and kind I must say, call the admissions office and ask them to explain better, I could remember after filing my application, i was always calling the admissions office, they guided me, and corrected me in lots of things, they even helped me with my class registration and tuition fee payment, so I suggest you call them

Shourav2283

Dec 19, 2018
Please guys i got this email from Uni of Saskatchewan.....what are my chances.
I am so worried

Hello,
Thank you for expressing your interest to study at the University of Saskatchewan and join the Department of Computer Science.
This year we saw an increase in the number of applications we received. The department received 479 requests for admissions from students all over the world. Unfortunately, we only have a limited number of seats to offer to students.
However, I would like to extend the opportunity to have your application considered for the Fall 2020 intake. Your application was very strong and we hope that you would consider attending the University of Saskatchewan at a later time.
If you would like to be considered for the Fall 2020 intake please let me know and I will carry your application forward.

Kindest Regards,

Graduate Program Assistant

Department of Computer Science

College of Arts and Science

University of Saskatchewan

176 Thorvaldson

Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5C9
Hello,

I had received the exact same mail on March of this year. Saw some one else posting similar kind of mail in GradCafe. I guess they are going to consider lots of computer science applicants from last year. I also talked to someone from usask on reddit. According to them apparently there was a lack of faculty members last year but they have hired new staff this year. I guess we are all on the same boat. Also did they consider you for a scholarship last year? I was nominated for a Dean's Scholarship but still didn't get in. Waiting for fall 2020's decision. Are you applying in any other universities this year?

Last edited:

nwolisaemmanuel

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hello,

I had received the exact same mail on March of this year. Saw some one else posting similar kind of mail in GradCafe. I guess they are going to consider lots of computer science applicants from last year. I also talked to someone from usask on reddit. According to them apparently there was a lack of faculty members last year but they have hired new staff this year. I guess we are all on the same boat. Also did they consider you for a scholarship last year? I was nominated for a Dean's Scholarship but still didn't get in. Waiting for fall 2020's decision. Are you applying in any other universities this year?
Yes..I have apply to McMaster university and University of Calgary.
What about you?