+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE GUIDE ME...

dstuffs

Jul 1, 2005
Karachi-Pakistan
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how long does it take to process an application for immigration?

I did apply in June 2005 and on E-CAS my status is still "We started processing your application on June 15, 2005", what would they have processed so far?

Also, i sent all my original documents including Original University Degrees which are still with Visa Processing Office. Should I request them now to sent my documents as i wish to continue my education and I need my degrees.

Regards

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
HI,

Processing Time depends at which CIC office u have applied.

There was no need to send Original Certs with the application. Since you have done it, you SHOULD contact them so that u can get them back.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi Dstuffs

I was also surprised when you said you sent the originals; you should be asked for notarized hard copies, so you can keep the originals with you.

Anyway the done is done…If I am not wrong if you ask for your documents back you may stop the process... well my thoughts... I really hope to be wrong on this

So now your originals are at the Embassy right? What about Plan B, in order to continue with your education...

My suggestion is the following:

I don’t know if you can do the following in you country
Why don't you ask for a duplicate from your last school institution and do so with the other documents as well?... so you can continue your studies with no issues. I mean just think, what should you do if for some reason you lose the documents?...ask for duplicates isn’t it?

Just an opinion
Eduardo

dstuffs

Jul 1, 2005
Karachi-Pakistan
Thanks for your valuable replies.

I had applied from Islamabad (Pakistan). Do anyone know how long it would take to finalize any case from this office.

I remember, It was mentioned in Visa Office Specific Instructions that the documents required in original must be submitted in originals, even the university degrees must be in the university sealed envelops, otherwise they will return the documents without starting any process.

After I had sent them my documents I received a phone call from Visa Office informing me that the Original IELTS Result was not enclosed in my file so they are sending me back all the things. I assured them I myself had enclosed the same, they re-checked and then accepted my case.

Thats also possible I obtain a duplicate degree from university but I want to get back my original documents, is it sure they would stop processing my case if i do so?

I will appreciate your commnets.

Regards

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
dstuff,

bhai, it was mentioned to request uninversity/college to send directly to CIC but not ur originals. Anyhow, u can request for duplicates or wait for the processing to finish.

The cases at ISB will take 4 to 5 years to be finalized.

dstuffs

Jul 1, 2005
Karachi-Pakistan
Hi Friends,

Isn't it that they have reduced processing time by improved policies & procedures? I've also listened that ratio of applicants is also decreasing by the time. Keeping in mind all this shouldn't we expect our cases would be finalized before the estimated time periods.

Regards

dstuffs

Jul 1, 2005
Karachi-Pakistan
:) right buddy its really optimistic, i agree most of the cases takes almost 5-6 years but i've some friends from Pakistan who have landed Canada after 2-3 years from their AOR.

I wish I could be one of them :D

I think we are all a little bit optimistic and no one would like to think he/she would be refused.

Anyways, I will pray for all of us :)

Regards

ajilani

Dec 23, 2006
Hi guyz,

My case is logged in Islamabad and application processing started on 25 Oct 2004. Few days ago I sent an email to CHC Islamabad regarding application status and got the following reply.

"Bonjour
In reply to your email please be informed that the file is in processing queue,currently we are finalising the cases received in 2001, so wait for the completion of the process
Sincerely"

As per above reply I think my file will be open again after 2-3 years. At a moment going to apply for UK HSMP.

- Azher

dstuffs

Jul 1, 2005
Karachi-Pakistan
Hi Friends,

Its new to me that CHC Officials are replying the quries. What I had listened that inquiring about the case would delay its processing.

Though I am not sure about it, doesn't applying for HSMP or Australian Immigration would affect the process of Canadian Immigration in any way?

Regards

dstuffs

Jul 1, 2005
Karachi-Pakistan
Hi Friends,

One error have been rectified!

Today I did call CHC-Islamabad and requested if my Original Documents be returned to me so that I could continue my studies.

They asked me to write them a letter stating the facts. They will send me back my Original Documents and I will have to submit notarized photocopies.

Currently they are finalizing the cases which had been submitted in 2001. When my turn will come (that is after 2-3 years as I had submitted my case in June 2005) they will ask me to submit the original documents again.

So, I did as instructed.

Regards

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Good luck dstuffs,
nice to know that half of your problem has been resolved. like you all of us are optimistic and hope to get reply soon....but we can only dream about that.
Thanks
Cool