Med's Done....
22-11-2011
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
P.Eng. licensure is not easy. However, the process is straightforward enough and if you have had sufficient exposure to your area of expertise then it should not take long. In the meanwhile nothing prevents you to work as an engineering intern since day 1 provided a licensed engineer supervises you. If you have indeed the experience you claim, your salary does not have to be that of an intern.

I have a BSc, MSc and PhD in civil engineering with industry experience. I am applying for licensure in Ontario, and the process is taking now close to 6 months. Several companies have tried to hire me with P.Eng. salaries even though I am "only" an engineering intern (and I had a work permit then). Bottom line: if you have the experience and the skills nothing prevents you to get the job you want. I have no I convenient with being described as engineer in training, if I make the same as the PEng's.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Dear All,

I am happy to see the discussion where people are making their point of view. Leon and Mike both have their point and I agree that for Engineers & Doctors have some struggle for their recognition but on the other hand is not beyond some reasons.

If standards are not maintained than disasters would start, no doubt one who passed through exams look Canada as heaven and rest as _____. The experience shows countries maintaining standards are more successful around the world as compare to one not maintaining the same. Germany is no exception they also required some standards to maintain for the people educated and migrating from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippine, Eygpt, Turkey, China etc. All these countries educated class have the same complains against Germany, Sweden, Netherlands etc.

Canada need bunch of Doctors and Engineers, nowadays new immigrants are coming well prepared for these exams, now Doctors can give their first two exams from their home country while they are in process of immigration. Engineers can prepared and become registered member from abroad (exams from almost anywhere around the world) even before they are landing, their exams are called PEng as Foreign Licensee.

Cheers