+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please give me some advise

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
Hi all
I am currently working in the lab (NOC B / contract based job).
Now, I am planning to apply PR by EE, so I will take IELTS on 24th Oct.
Should I need to prepare something which will be related with my current work?(like all my contract from beginning or some document from my boss...) or it should be cared after I create my profile for poll?
It is all confusing...
Mainly, what should I firstly prepare for apply PR(creating my profile)

Thanks

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
One additional question! i am wondering how can I prove that I have been working in the lab?(by my contract?) or will they know somehow? or should I prepare for this?
thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
this will give you some idea of the documents you will need to submit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

You prove your work experience with (A) a letter from your employer, (B) supporting documents (if in Canada, tax documents like the T4, Notice of Assessment).

The things that (can) take a along time are
(a) Educational credentials assessment (you may not need it if you're eligible under CEC)
(b) The language exam (you have already scheduled that, good)
(c) police clearance certificates
(d) depending on your personal circumstances, you may need to collect educational documents, identity documents, renew passport if it is expiring, etc.

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
jes_ON said:
this will give you some idea of the documents you will need to submit.

You prove your work experience with (A) a letter from your employer, (B) supporting documents (if in Canada, tax documents like the T4, Notice of Assessment).

The things that (can) take a along time are
(a) Educational credentials assessment (you may not need it if you're eligible under CEC)
(b) The language exam (you have already scheduled that, good)
(c) police clearance certificates
(d) depending on your personal circumstances, you may need to collect educational documents, identity documents, renew passport if it is expiring, etc.
jes_ON

Thanks a lot

Can I ask one more thing? Since I got PGWP July 2014, I have been working in the lab (NOC 4012 / paid). Can I apply CEC? or should I go with FSW?
Can I count my lab experience as Canadian working experience?(many people say different things...)

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jkuu0918 said:
Can I ask one more thing? Since I got PGWP July 2014, I have been working in the lab (NOC 4012 / paid). Can I apply CEC? or should I go with FSW?
Can I count my lab experience as Canadian working experience?(many people say different things...)
NOC 4012 is a student NOC. If you want the experience to count, you will have to find the NOC that corresponds to researchers employed in your field. What is your field?

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
jes_ON said:
NOC 4012 is a student NOC. If you want the experience to count, you will have to find the NOC that corresponds to researchers employed in your field. What is your field?
My program at the college was Alternative Energy Engineering Technology (3year program)
I am working on "fuelcell", "battery" or "nanoparticles"
So, even if I worked as NOC 4012 during my PGWP, will not be counted as Canadian Work Experience?
...my year and 6 month of lab experience become useless...? and now, I do not have any work experience in Canada at all...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkuu0918 said:
My program at the college was Alternative Energy Engineering Technology (3year program)
So, even if I worked as NOC 4012 during my PGWP, will not be counted as Canadian Work Experience?
...my year and 6 month of lab experience become useless...? and now, I do not have any work experience in Canada at all...
Work experience gained when you were a full-time student cannot be counted for CEC-EE. Of course, the experience never really goes away but it won't get you points under EE.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jkuu0918 said:
To select the NOC, you have to match the job duties as much as possible. If you were in industry (rather than at a college) you would probably be something like:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2241&val65=energy

but context does matter in selecting NOCs, so I'm not sure what to tell you in this case.

You can only try - there's never a guarantee - but between this thread and your other thread, you have been alerted to challenges you face in your application. You have to decide whether you want to take the chance or not.

A lot will depend on the qualify of the letter that you can get from your supervisor...

Or, if you have enough time on your PGWP, you can also look for another job...

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
jes_ON said:
To select the NOC, you have to match the job duties as much as possible. If you were in industry (rather than at a college) you would probably be something like:

but context does matter in selecting NOCs, so I'm not sure what to tell you in this case.

You can only try - there's never a guarantee - but between this thread and your other thread, you have been alerted to challenges you face in your application. You have to decide whether you want to take the chance or not.

A lot will depend on the qualify of the letter that you can get from your supervisor...

Or, if you have enough time on your PGWP, you can also look for another job...
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that your help
From my understanding, so actually can I pick and note any NOC classification? if job duties from NOC match with my current working?
Also, the most important thing will possibly be the letter from my Employer. Right?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jkuu0918 said:
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that your help
From my understanding, so actually can I pick and note any NOC classification? if job duties from NOC match with my current working?
Also, the most important thing will possibly be the letter from my Employer. Right?
The employer letter is the key to eligibility, yes. You should discuss the NOC with your employer and make sure s/he agrees, because the letter has to support that NOC.

Some food for thought - under the FSW program, 4012 experience is accepted. IF you can qualify under FSW, you can avoid the whole question.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=855&t=6

Before being confident that this is the answer - there would still be the question of the mismatch between your NOC and your permit - if you're a graduate lab assistant, where's your study permit? :) ) The whole problem is that your supervisor has (inappropriately) given you a student job ...

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
jes_ON said:
The employer letter is the key to eligibility, yes. You should discuss the NOC with your employer and make sure s/he agrees, because the letter has to support that NOC.

Some food for thought - under the FSW program, 4012 experience is accepted. IF you can qualify under FSW, you can avoid the whole question.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=855&t=6

Before being confident that this is the answer - there would still be the question of the mismatch between your NOC and your permit - if you're a graduate lab assistant, where's your study permit? :) ) The whole problem is that your supervisor has (inappropriately) given you a student job ...

I talked this with my supervisor, he told me my NOC is still 4012 but title will be research assistant post-secondary.
and in letter of reference, he will explain that I am working as not student clearly.
Should I request him other things? which might cause problem?
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
see the link I provided above, and review the "proof of employment" section. There are specific things that MUST be in the letter -

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkuu0918 said:
I talked this with my supervisor, he told me my NOC is still 4012 but title will be research assistant post-secondary.
and in letter of reference, he will explain that I am working as not student clearly.
Should I request him other things? which might cause problem?
Thanks
You mention that you received your PGWP. So currently, you are not registered as a student?

I checked the NOC code, and it says:

Employment requirements

Enrolment in a university or college program is required.
This can be very tricky and risky. Definitely take extra precaution to write the reference letter. Also in the meantime I would look for other jobs.

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
A-man said:
You mention that you received your PGWP. So currently, you are not registered as a student?

I checked the NOC code, and it says:

This can be very tricky and risky. Definitely take extra precaution to write the reference letter. Also in the meantime I would look for other jobs.
Now, I clearly understand what this "Employment Requirement" section means. You guys are right, this could be possible reason to be a problem.
Is there any advise, direction or comment for reference letter?

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkuu0918 said:
Now, I clearly understand what this "Employment Requirement" section means. You guys are right, this could be possible reason to be a problem.
Is there any advise, direction or comment for reference letter?
jkuu0918, I can only make you some suggestions. I have no personal experience of a situation that you are in right now, so please do keep that in mind.

Here is what I would do:
1. Meet a lawyer and explain the situation (These guys can be very expensive, but pick the best and be very specific about the problem you have and ask what they recommend).

2. In the reference letter, ensure that your supervisor/HR person clearly states that you are currently not a student, and that you are employed under the given NOC after graduation. (This would also mean you are not meeting the employment requirement section of the NOC code).

3. Apply for EE, but also look to move to another job asap.

Hope this helps :)