+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please give me an advice .......????

K50

Nov 14, 2011
Hi !
I am permanent resident in Canada for 3 years but I already spent 2 years in my country. Now I am a owner of Ontario Eximport company and I have a branch in my country and I will be working in my country for next 2 years until my PR card expire.
1] If I will be there for next 2 years to run up the Canadian branching company and I pay tax for government in Canada. Can they count the time 2 years in my country as the same in Canada?
2] if they don't count the same . do I lose my PR status?

Any people here give me an advice?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) It doesn't count if you are the owner of the company
2) Yes if you did not maintain your residency obligation 730 days in a 5 years period

K50

Nov 14, 2011
you mean if I am a owner of the company that I am running oversea then they don't count. Suppose that I am a worker of Canadian company..do they count it ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
K50 said:
Suppose that I am a worker of Canadian company..do they count it ?
It depends. You have to meet specific criteria. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp#5529E2

OPTION 2. Employment outside Canada

You may count each day you were employed outside Canada if your employment meets the following requirements:

•you are an employee of, or under contract to, a Canadian business or the public service of Canada or of a province or territory and
•as a term of your employment or contract, you are assigned on a full-time basis to:
◦a position outside Canada
◦an affiliated enterprise outside Canada or
◦a client of the Canadian business or the public service outside Canada

For this application, a Canadian business is defined as:

•a corporation that is incorporated under the laws of Canada or of a province and that has an ongoing operation in Canada
•an enterprise that has:
◦an ongoing operation in Canada
◦is capable of generating revenue
◦is carried out in anticipation of profit
◦in which a majority of voting or ownership interests is held by Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or Canadian businesses as defined above or
•an organization or enterprise created by the laws of Canada or a province
Supporting documents:

You must provide a letter signed by an official of the business stating:

•the position and title of the signing official
•the nature of the business and how it fits the description of a Canadian business (see definition above)
•details of your assignment or contract outside Canada such as duration of the assignment; confirmation that you are a full-time employee of the “Canadian business” working abroad on a full-time basis as a term of your employment, or that you are on contract working on a full-time basis abroad as a term of your contract; and a description or copy of the position profile regarding the assignment or contract abroad
•confirmation that the business was not created primarily for the purpose of allowing you to satisfy your residency obligation

You may also include:

•articles of incorporation and business licences
•partnership agreements or corporate annual reports
•corporate Canadian Income Tax Notices of Assessment or financial statements
•copies of the Employee Assignment Agreement or Contract
•copies of any agreements between the Canadian business and the business or client outside Canada concerning your assignment to that client or business
•Pay Statements
•Canadian Income Tax Notice of Assessment
•T4 slips
•Any other evidence that you want to have considered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
In other words, this is not going to fly... CIC will see this as a scam to get round the PR residency obligations.