17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
My friend did it support please

Re: Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009
« Reply #2736 on: May 26, 2011, 11:22:36 pm »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Family-Reunification-Petition-against-the-Canadian-Immigration-Policies/206641459372030

Guys, i decided to create a facebook page dedicated to all of us, we all talked about petitioning and signing papers and showing up to the ministers office, which are all great ideas and we will follow through when necessary , but as they say, the internet is the silent revolution......
everyone reads, everyone sees, everyone can judge..... so i want you all to join the page as the first step of us showing how much this process is ruining our lives..... by the way, i contacted a few Members of parliament(conservatives) and they are watching closely to see how people do react....... so since we all feel helpless and we have no power lets get some power back by standing up against these policies, as i said i contacted some MP's and told them that i am going to do this and they said go ahead lets see if you have support! so lets show them!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
It's a start, but it'll need some work. If you state that you disagree with immigration policy, then you should state WHY and HOW. What aspects don't you like? They can't just accept anybody claiming to be family/spouse of a Canadian. How would you like to see the procedure different? You'll need to write that on the FB page too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with Jurjen. It's too general right now. Which specific policies are you asking people to disagree with - all or just some? For instance, do you think that some classes of family that are currently excluded from family class should in fact be included? Do you think the rules for sponsoring siblings should change? You need to be precise.

I think the other challenge you may face is that there are (I think) many people out there who have no issues with the actual policies - but do think that waiting/processing times should be significantly reduced. In my mind these are two very separate issues (i.e. the rules for immigrating vs. the amount of time it takes to process applications). If you've actually set up the facebook page because you feel that processing times are taking too long, then I think you need to remove the word "policies" completely (policies = rules & regulations) and add information about decreasing waiting times so that people understand what they are "liking".

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
yeah both Jurjen and scylla r right; it's not necessarily the problem of policies but of the unfairness of processing times: why some places take 3 months and others 33 when at the end we all have the same goals and pay the same amount of money? maybe they should have a central system for outland and make it easier to transfer files from a visa office to another, such that we all finish in an average of 8-10 months; why ask for medicals from the beginning for applications where it's clear the process would b longer than 1 year?

also the found fraud marriages prove that their policies r right and the ones not found would make them think that their policies r still loose; i just read abt a lady here who won her appeal and waiting for her spouse but he actually had another love in another city and used the sponsor just for the papers; imagine how she feels :( unfortunately, the honest people will always have to suffer because of the fraudulent ones, not only in immigration, in every daily life things

even if we say we don't agree with the policies we need to say which one specifically, why, and what solution would we give (of course the solution should b reliable and cost effective, cuz otherwise they will ignore it); i'm not a law expert to give solutions which maybe they will advantage some and not others; but all i want and ask and think it's our right is to have equal system and processing times between all the embassies in the world; is it fair that a Canadian citizen waits for her spouse 2-3 years while other waits 3 months? we should have the same rights at the end

so, overall i would focus more on these points and, as a personal choice, i would use this place for a petition not Facebook

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/

good luck, hope ur application will be accepted soon!