+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please correct my cover letter -Philippines

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
we are planning to process our trv with my canadian bf anytime soon.
Can anyone please correct my cover letter? Thank you so much

About me. Divorced legally but not recognized in the Philippines as we dont have divorced here. And lived in Japan for 5 years. And no work because its my boyfriend who provide all and i have small money in bank and own a car, house.

Cover Letter

To: The Visa Officer

The Canadian High Commission

Philippines

Sub: Cover Letter- Request of Issuance of Canada Visitor Visa

Respected Sir/Madam,

I XXX, divorced and born on ________ would like to verify my purpose to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa to see my boyfriend Mr. BOYFRIEND, separated( processing divorce) born on _______ for a short period of time starting June 3, 2019 and ending on June 24, 2019 ( the travel tickets are attached with the application)

I am a citizen of Philippines and full time mother to my two wonderful children SON, 14 years old and DAUGHTER 10 years old. ( passport copy and birth certificate attached with application) We live in _______________. Philippines.

Mr. Boyfriend and I meet online and in 3 years of relationship. He support me from the begginning of our relationship until now including my house mortgage, my kids education and monthly expenses. He visited me four to five times a year and we traveled together few times outside the country. But due to his work, he can’t stay longer and only for four to five days. So for us to have a chance to be together more than a week and a chance for us to know more each other better before jumping into another serious step. We are applying tourist visa this time since my children are in school break until end of July this year and also my two older sisters can watch them and take care of them while I’m away for 3 weeks.

On this short trip, i plan to meet Mr. Boyfriend’s family and friends as he already met mine many times. And see places like Niagara Falls, CN Tower, Royal Onatrio Museum and some other places close by.

During my stay in Canada, I will live with my boyfriend Mr. Boyfriend in his condo apartment (address) which he rents from (land lord’s name) My boyfriend will be providing the lodging, boarding and sponsor my visit to Canada. I also holds some funds in my bank account.( my bank statements attached with the application)

I would also like to emphasize that under no circumstances would I remain in Canada further than the period allowed for my stay and would comply fully by the condition of my visa.

As part of the application, I am attaching the following documents to support the above information and the application

• My travel ticket
  • My passport w/ travel history
  • My old passport w/ travel history
  • Our photos together including my children, family and friends
  • Screenshots of our WhatsApp conversation
  • Previous trip’s airline tickets and hotel bookings
  • Copies of our remmittance and my six months bank statements.
  • My children’s birth certificate and passport copy
  • My house title ( under mortgage)
  • My car OR and CR copy
  • My divorced certificate( translate in english)
  • My boyfriend Mr. Boyfriend recent bank statement
  • His income tax
  • His passport with stamps
  • His birth certificate
  • His employment certificate
  • Invitation letter from my boyfriend

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanking you,

Applicant’s Name: XXXXX

Address: _____________________

Philippines 6015

Mobile: +63 9xxxxxxx

Landline: +63 Xxxxxx

Email: xxxx@gmail.com

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
we are planning to process our trv with my canadian bf anytime soon.
Can anyone please correct my cover letter? Thank you so much

About me. Divorced legally but not recognized in the Philippines as we dont have divorced here. And lived in Japan for 5 years. And no work because its my boyfriend who provide all and i have small money in bank and own a car, house.

Cover Letter

To: The Visa Officer

The Canadian High Commission

Philippines

Sub: Cover Letter- Request of Issuance of Canada Visitor Visa

Respected Sir/Madam,

I XXX, divorced and born on ________ would like to verify my purpose to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa to see my boyfriend Mr. BOYFRIEND, separated( processing divorce) born on _______ for a short period of time starting June 3, 2019 and ending on June 24, 2019 ( the travel tickets are attached with the application)

I am a citizen of Philippines and full time mother to my two wonderful children SON, 14 years old and DAUGHTER 10 years old. ( passport copy and birth certificate attached with application) We live in _______________. Philippines.

Mr. Boyfriend and I meet online and in 3 years of relationship. He support me from the begginning of our relationship until now including my house mortgage, my kids education and monthly expenses. He visited me four to five times a year and we traveled together few times outside the country. But due to his work, he can’t stay longer and only for four to five days. So for us to have a chance to be together more than a week and a chance for us to know more each other better before jumping into another serious step. We are applying tourist visa this time since my children are in school break until end of July this year and also my two older sisters can watch them and take care of them while I’m away for 3 weeks.

On this short trip, i plan to meet Mr. Boyfriend’s family and friends as he already met mine many times. And see places like Niagara Falls, CN Tower, Royal Onatrio Museum and some other places close by.

During my stay in Canada, I will live with my boyfriend Mr. Boyfriend in his condo apartment (address) which he rents from (land lord’s name) My boyfriend will be providing the lodging, boarding and sponsor my visit to Canada. I also holds some funds in my bank account.( my bank statements attached with the application)

I would also like to emphasize that under no circumstances would I remain in Canada further than the period allowed for my stay and would comply fully by the condition of my visa.

As part of the application, I am attaching the following documents to support the above information and the application

• My travel ticket
  • My passport w/ travel history
  • My old passport w/ travel history
  • Our photos together including my children, family and friends
  • Screenshots of our WhatsApp conversation
  • Previous trip’s airline tickets and hotel bookings
  • Copies of our remmittance and my six months bank statements.
  • My children’s birth certificate and passport copy
  • My house title ( under mortgage)
  • My car OR and CR copy
  • My divorced certificate( translate in english)
  • My boyfriend Mr. Boyfriend recent bank statement
  • His income tax
  • His passport with stamps
  • His birth certificate
  • His employment certificate
  • Invitation letter from my boyfriend

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanking you,

Applicant’s Name: XXXXX

Address: _____________________

Philippines 6015

Mobile: +63 9xxxxxxx

Landline: +63 Xxxxxx

Email: xxxx@gmail.com
This letter screams out loud and clear: 'I won't be returning to the Philippines'.

Massive red flags in every sentence.

You really would not want to submit this letter.

In short:
IMO, it's best not to apply until you can prove at least some ties to the Philippines

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
This letter screams out loud and clear: 'I won't be returning to the Philippines'.

In short:
IMO, it's best not to apply until you can prove at least some ties to the Philippines
Thank you so much @Bryanna.
Are my children not enough ties in my home country? And my house? Just the 3 of us live in our home. And im the one take care of them 24/7.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Are my children not enough ties in my home country? And my house? Just the 3 of us live in our home. And im the one take care of them 24/7.
Nope. Your kids are not your family ties as such. Nor is your home/mortgage. Why? Because your every 'tie' is financially supported by your boyfriend.

The visa officer might believe that you will apply for inland PR + you will include your children as your dependents

Intianu

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
Nope. Your kids are not your family ties as such. Nor is your home/mortgage. Why? Because your every 'tie' is financially supported by your boyfriend.

The visa officer might believe that you will apply for inland PR + you will include your children as your dependents
100% true

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
In addition to what Bryanna said, visa officers who will review your application are aware of the cultural norms. It would be very hard to convince them that your children will have no one to look after them should you decide to stay in Canada, it just does not happen that way for the majority of families in the Philippines. But, your letter also mentions your sisters will care for them for 3 weeks so they really are not ties for you to go back. Last, and I say this to everyone who is having a hard time applying for a visitor visa from the Philippines, there have been TOO MANY of our fellowmen who got a TRV and then stayed and applied inland for PR, the honest ones are victims of those who abuse the system.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Just an update!
My visa APPROVED!
Thank you for your advice and said we cant make it. But we did our best and tell the truth and our purpose of visit.
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Laurahd and Elmi85

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019

In short:
Despite your reply! I was still approved. So you just proved me WRONG! Shame on you!
But anyway thank you because you gave me courage to pursue our letter and thank God we’re granted.
Have a great day!

Last edited: