utility bill
hydro bill
ohip record
cbp us record
CBSA record
pay stubs
t-4
experience letter
email conversation for interview during unemployed time (6 months)
school diploma, mark sheet and letter stating I attended school from such a such date
auto and home insurance
auto loan
mortgage
RRSP receipts/ TFSA receipts/ credit line statements
letter from social organization for volunteer work
Please let me know what else I can provide as RQ proof.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't forget colour photocopies of all passport pages (including blank pages).

One of the most important thing is to provide with the RQ response is a cover letter and some organization for the documents. You can find a model cover letter on the RQ blog in my signature.

I also made an excel spreadsheet for each set of documents, where I listed each document chronologically and wrote any notes as to the relevance of the document. I grouped them as such:
Utilities
Bills
Education/Daycare
Medical (including any dependents)
Travel Documents
Banking Statements

Use what you've got and if explanation is needed, do so very concisely. Personally, I listed weekly diaper delivery under bills and a visit to the US embassy as well. Also listed lactation consultation under medical. Could have added weekly prenatal yoga, but didn't get around to it. Of those, the visit to the US embassy was the best because the US embassy verified my identity and documents. If I'd gotten pulled over for speeding, that would have been a good thing to add too. But all together these more unusual documents (along with the standard docs) paint a picture of what my life was during that period.

Good luck and what do you mean by "experience letter"?

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
eileenf said:
Do they want literally all the pages of all the passports I have ever possessed, or just the one(s) covers the required 4-year period?

moti

Oct 24, 2012
I think, only the passports that cover the 4 relevant years and the current valid passport. I think the documents you have are enough, that,s what they asked for.

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
I have another question, what if we fail to collect some of these supporting documents?? for example:
- shared apartment with friends and bills are registered under their name or my name was not on the rental contract,
- threw away most of the old bills / pay stubs simply because they are old and I don't have the habit to keep everything that has my name on it.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelavnzuo said:
I have another question, what if we fail to collect some of these supporting documents?? for example:
- shared apartment with friends and bills are registered under their name or my name was not on the rental contract,
- threw away most of the old bills / pay stubs simply because they are old and I don't have the habit to keep everything that has my name on it.
1. You can't produce a document that doesn't exist. Do your due diligence to see if you can find a replacement or equivalent (for example: records of employment show the same info as pay stubs and should be adequate if not preferable to pay stubs.)
2. You need to prioritize your efforts. No one can produce every single document requested under the full RQ. The most important, primary proof is passport, housing, employment and medical documents. Provide a photocopy of your roommate's lease and get them to sign a letter saying you lived there during XX period and paid XX monthly in rent. This is a minimum. It will be much stronger evidence if they get the letter notarized. CIC is well aware that letters can be forged, so you want to do whatever you can in order to solemnize the roommate's declaration.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
can we use cctv camera pictures as proof if they enquire our day to day life and question particular dates e.g. i fill my gas twice a month and all gas stations have cctv. Then we go shopping most of shops departmental store has cctv footage. i shop from nofrills atleast 3 to 4 times a month maybe this can be submitted as option if cic challenges a date even after submitting CBSA report. has anyone used cctv as proof of stay

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:

One of the most important thing is to provide with the RQ response is a cover letter and some organization for the documents. You can find a model cover letter on the RQ blog in my signature.

I also made an excel spreadsheet for each set of documents, where I listed each document chronologically and wrote any notes as to the relevance of the document. I grouped them as such:
Utilities
Bills
Education/Daycare
Medical (including any dependents)
Travel Documents
Banking Statements

Use what you've got and if explanation is needed, do so very concisely. Personally, I listed weekly diaper delivery under bills and a visit to the US embassy as well. Also listed lactation consultation under medical. Could have added weekly prenatal yoga, but didn't get around to it. Of those, the visit to the US embassy was the best because the US embassy verified my identity and documents. If I'd gotten pulled over for speeding, that would have been a good thing to add too. But all together these more unusual documents (along with the standard docs) paint a picture of what my life was during that period.

Good luck and what do you mean by "experience letter"?

Thanks. I will try and add tags to all my bills. I will also produce it in chronological order. experience letter I meant the work exp

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
can we use cctv camera pictures as proof if they enquire our day to day life and question particular dates e.g. i fill my gas twice a month and all gas stations have cctv. Then we go shopping most of shops departmental store has cctv footage. i shop from nofrills atleast 3 to 4 times a month maybe this can be submitted as option if cic challenges a date even after submitting CBSA report. has anyone used cctv as proof of stay
Blueshirt, while I appreciate the creativity of this suggestion, it's not practical. A business won't release their cctv, and even if they did, image quality is not generally that great so as to provide a positive ID. Most businesses don't keep the last 5+ years of surveillance footage on hand. They usually erase after a week or 30 or 90 days. Also, you would need to edit the footage to present it to CIC which would make the document less dependable from CIC's perspective.

This is really above and beyond the sort of proof the CIC expects or requires and I suggest that taking a breath and giving yourself a break. You cannot torture yourself by pursuing cop-show type evidence for yourself. Not even cops really do that stuff very often.

Do your best. Be honest. Do your due diligence. We're human and we're allowed to be human. It's okay.

glitzedd

Jun 6, 2014
Adding to eileenf's suggestions, I also added my gym membership contract, details and certificate of a wilton course I took, got an appointment schedule from drivetest for my G2, G tests, and also included a document outlining a gmat test I took in Toronto.

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
if you travelled outside the country, you can include a copy of your airfare and boarding passes too.