+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please comment on my citizenship application status and GCMS notes - 2022 Online Applicant

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I'm a February 2022 online applicant with AOR in March. It's been 10 months since absolutely no progress. Citizenship tracker shows everything in progress except for test and oath. Upon going through google spreadsheet tracker available on this forum as well as tracker from myimmitracker, it seems it's really unusual for so much delay even for an online applicant from 2022. Everyone that I know who applied after me have completed their test at the minimum and some have also completed their oath.

Hence in order to find out what is happening, I applied for GCMS notes from IRCC in October. Never received them nor any update intimating they need time extension. I then applied for GCMS notes from CBSA in November. Around the same time, called IRCC call center and the agent who picked up advised the same thing that all checks are in progress and nothing is needed from me and that I should wait. Today, I received GCMS notes (new abridged version, with just handful of pages with one liner pieces of information) from CBSA, which were generated on the same day when I spoke with IRCC call center agent, and the notes don't have any useful information. Secondary office is Scarborough, App Status says Open and App Status Reason says Inventory-CP. Every single check is in Not Started status, due dates for Security and Criminality have far overshot. That means someone is clearly lying! Either nothing has been initiated with respect to my file (as mentioned on GCMS notes from CBSA) or citizenship tracker and call center agent are grossly misrepresenting status of application.

Please comment as to how to interpret all of this and what should be my next course of action?
My local MP is another useless resource, whose office just wants me to wait through normal processing timelines. I can complain to Office of Information Commissioner regarding not receiving GCMS notes from IRCC but don't see anything useful coming out of it either. More importantly, merely GCMS notes is not what I'm looking for. Just want to see progress on my case and for it be treated in similar manner to majority of other applications from this year.

Much appreciate and thank you for your review, feedback and advise!

Recap of timeline:
  • Applied: February 2022
  • AOR: March 2022
  • False Ghost Update: October 2022 (when they upgraded their tracking portal and everyone received fake ghost update due to the same reason)
  • GCMS Request to IRCC: October 2022 (never heard back from them)
  • Called IRCC Agent: November 2022
  • GCMS Request to CBSA: November 2022
  • GCMS Received from CBSA: December 2022 (no useful information, everything is in Not Started status)

Reactions: johnyrose

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I'm a February 2022 online applicant with AOR in March. It's been 10 months since absolutely no progress. Citizenship tracker shows everything in progress except for test and oath. Upon going through google spreadsheet tracker available on this forum as well as tracker from myimmitracker, it seems it's really unusual for so much delay even for an online applicant from 2022. Everyone that I know who applied after me have completed their test at the minimum and some have also completed their oath.

Hence in order to find out what is happening, I applied for GCMS notes from IRCC in October. Never received them nor any update intimating they need time extension. I then applied for GCMS notes from CBSA in November. Around the same time, called IRCC call center and the agent who picked up advised the same thing that all checks are in progress and nothing is needed from me and that I should wait. Today, I received GCMS notes (new abridged version, with just handful of pages with one liner pieces of information) from CBSA, which were generated on the same day when I spoke with IRCC call center agent, and the notes don't have any useful information. Secondary office is Scarborough, App Status says Open and App Status Reason says Inventory-CP. Every single check is in Not Started status, due dates for Security and Criminality have far overshot. That means someone is clearly lying! Either nothing has been initiated with respect to my file (as mentioned on GCMS notes from CBSA) or citizenship tracker and call center agent are grossly misrepresenting status of application.

Please comment as to how to interpret all of this and what should be my next course of action?
My local MP is another useless resource, whose office just wants me to wait through normal processing timelines. I can complain to Office of Information Commissioner regarding not receiving GCMS notes from IRCC but don't see anything useful coming out of it either. More importantly, merely GCMS notes is not what I'm looking for. Just want to see progress on my case and for it be treated in similar manner to majority of other applications from this year.

Recap of timeline:
  • False Ghost Update: October 2022 (when they upgraded their tracking portal and everyone received fake ghost update due to the same reason)
  • GCMS Received from CBSA: December 2022 (no useful information, everything is in Not Started status)
@legalfalcon - Please share your feedback. Much appreciate and thankful for the same!

alibaba2021

Apr 28, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Recap of timeline:
Add me as well, nothing....absolutely nothing....agent confirmed my file was last touched on the Day of AOR in April.
Please see other thread i started asking for people with same status as mine

alibaba2021

Apr 28, 2021
gcms from cbsa? regarding citizenship application? what's the connection? these are two different institutions aren't they?
Check his comment, he did not receive one from IRCC....so he probably requested one from CBSA for the heck of it... but yes, both not related

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
What you should do, is what everyone should do; be patient. What can you do? Nothing really. it’s unlikely that a processing officer has decided that aha! here is one random applicant that I should penalise with a delay in processing.

Sorry, if this sounds rude,but take a step back and assess what is the lack of citizenship preventing you from doing? Till then don’t stress and waste your time with unrelated queries like notes from CBSA.

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
Same issue! Applied January 2022 and received AOr in march 2022 after that complete silence! Still waiting for test invite

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
The current processing time for a citizenship grant is 24 months. You applied in February 2022. You haven't even reached 12 months yet. A year ago processing times were MORE than 24 months. If your processing takes longer than the current processing time, that is when you can start inquiring what is going on with your file. It's pointless to do it now.

karenkaren88

Apr 10, 2018
Could someone share what appears on the cbsa notes- the travel history? Is the immigration status (i.e. study permit) under which a person entered Canada or the declared purpose of visit indicated there?

cat midnight

Nov 6, 2023
I have few queries regarding CBSA notes
My aor is 16 november 2022
Everything else is cleared except security.
I have ordered GCMs twice. Recent notes suggest they are doing C.check on spouse.
I have few queries regarding gcms notes.
Under restricted session:
Latest update states: verification in progress, dd changes july/01/2023
Recieved: no edoc provided client inquiry ×03.
I would like to know what does edoc mean as in what are they looking for? And does client inquiry multipied ×3 times means that they have inquired thrice?
And in latest update it states verification which is singular does it mean verification of P.A or spouse has been done and only other remains?
Also, in previous tab it says: verifications in progress , due date pushed may/20/2023
Recieved client inquiry ×01, no edoc provided,
Flipped to rec'd
What does flipped to record mean?
Can you please explain these tabs?