+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please check my Cover Letter for visa reapplication

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
Hi,

My SDS student visa was rejected on 21st Jan, on the basis of "Purpose of visit"

Please check my cover letter below and give your feedback and the required changes :)

To,

The Visa Officer

High commission of Canada

Subject: Study Permit Reapplication with explanations for File No S302864801

Respected Sir/Madam,

On account of my acceptance in the Project management program offered at Conestoga College, I, had applied for a student visa for May 2020 intake, however it was rejected on 21st January 2020, due to some misrepresentations and misinterpretations of my profile.

I am writing this application to shed better light on my case wherein; wherein I also include my elaborate justifications and substantive changes that have come up in my case. The letter of refusal had the following reason:-

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am adding extensive details on the above grounds so as to make my case crystal clear so that it can be evaluated on a more positive note with due merits of the application undertaken.

Purpose of Visit

I am distinctly clear to my purpose of visit to Canada. Upgradation of my academic and professional profile along with adding specialized education to my existing academic profile is the only objective and motivation behind my requested visit to Canada. I have completed my undergraduate education in Civil Engineering and have been working as a Construction Planning Engineer for over two years now. I’m currently employed at M.G Contractors, Chandigarh. In my tenure, I have worked in a variety of roles such as Project Planning, Vendor Management, Scheduling and monitoring of Project. Analysing my professional tenure of over two years in the construction industry, I realised that there are lot of gaps in my current management skills and there is strong need to further enhance my project management skills. Moreover, holding an international degree in Project management adds great value to my career, versus a certification which holds limited time validity.

Furthermore, my current firm believes in continued learning and enhanced skills based on market dynamics as well as current and future skills competency demands. On that account, they are very supportive of my step to pursue an overseas Project Management degree and hence, have allowed me a sabbatical study leave to pursue my course and return back to India and resume my Job duties with a possible promotion and a good salary hike.

Due to my employment legal obligations and my responsibility towards my parents, I would like to firmly reiterate that the destination of all my endeavours subsequent to the completion of my education at Conestoga College shall be India. Thus, in order to grow professionally and achieve my long term objective of becoming one of the youngest Project Managers in India, I seek to pursue the Project Management course at the reputed Conestoga College.

Since, I was highly disappointed after getting a refusal, I also ordered CAIPS notes and have gone through the detailed rejection reason. I wish to offer following clarifications against the same.

GCMS/CAIPS Notes-

I have reviewed all information before me. The client has submitted transcripts in order to substantiate their academic proficiency. I note poor grades throughout the client's transcripts. On balance, and with consideration given to client's poor academic performance; I am not satisfied that the applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada, that they do not meet the definition of a bonafide student, and would not depart Canada a the end of the period authorized for stay. Application refused

Clarification for Education Background and Weak Academic Score
:

I have always been very enthusiastic and hardworking towards my studies and career. I have always been a good student at school and that is reflected in my good grades. I completed my secondary and post-secondary education and scored 8 CGPA and 74% respectively, which are classified as First class. Post my schooling, I cracked the Manipal university entrance exam which is highly competitive (approximately 2 lack students appear against 500 odd seats), and secured a seat in merit. I pursued my Bachelors in Civil Engineering (2013-2017) from Manipal Institute of Technology, which is regarded as the number one Private engineering College of India. I completed my bachelors in May 2017 with 56% (since the CGPA to % conversion for Manipal University is 10.00)

Since I was only focused towards my studies during my schooling, I wanted to expose myself to extracurricular activities during my bachelors to get holistic exposure and confidence. Hence I was an active member of student clubs and college activities, to name some of these, I was part of the organizer team of all the cultural and technical fests of my college. I was part of student clubs like IE Civil Manipal, Formula Manipal and Volunteering Organisation VSO. Moreover, I was also part of the University Hockey team and represented my university in various competitions. This has helped me improve my personality and honed my leadership and management skills.

Furthermore, I would like to put you on notice, that I cleared all the core subjects in the first attempt without even a single backlog. And since, I was inclined towards management subjects, I scored good grades in subjects like Surveying Practice, Construction planning & organisation, and Essential of Management & Engineering Economics. I would also like to point you towards the fact that since my college is one of the finest colleges in India, competing with other premium institutes like NIT’s and IIT’s, it follows a very strict and arduous grading methodology and hence even the top performers scores within the 70-80%

Range.

However, I do accept that I could have performed much better and diligently in my academics. Consequently, as soon as I graduated, I promised myself I will never underperform again and my low GPA is a reminder to myself to work harder and perform better.

My ability to successfully complete intended program In Canada:

Post my bachelors, my short term goal was to pursue a management degree from a top ranked university. Consequently, I started preparing for CAT (Common Aptitude Test) and other aptitude exams. I cleared CAT with an overall 78.5 percentile with 90% and 80% in logical reasoning and Quantitative aptitude. However, to fulfill my ambition and dream of pursuing a foreign degree, I started preparing for IELTS and GRE. With my hard work and persistence I managed to score an overall IELTS score of 8.0 bands, and 313/340 on my GRE, which is considered as a good score to get an admit from top foreign institutes.

Moreover, since I believe in continuous learning, I have done a couple of certification courses like SIX Sigma, Digital marketing, Google analytics, amongst other which require persistence and diligence.

As far as completing my studies in Canada is concerned, I would like to assure you that not only I will be a good performer at the college but also, i will be one of the top achievers list.

Moreover, a good job at a growing company back in India will motivate me to successfully

Complete my studies and return back to India.

Hence, i would urge you to look at my overall performance throughout my schooling and my excellent performance in IELTS and other aptitude exams and hope that you will consider that the low GPA was the result of a temporary flaw and that I’m absolutely dedicated to make the most of my opportunity to attend college.

Deep0987

Dec 13, 2019
Hey, My application was also refused for jan 2020 intake and i have got same reason as you in caips notes.
Have you applied again?