+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please can someone shed any light?!

Bumblecheck

Oct 10, 2012
I am A Canadian citizen living in the Uk. My husband and I started the application process the beginning of this year and sent all out papers in in march 2012. July 2012 we had a letter stating I had forgotten to sign one of the papers (duh) and that we had not included my husbands 17 year old daughter on the forms and she needed to have a medical. So we got the medical, signed the form and sent back before the date they had requested us to do so. Since then we have not heard anything. At the beginning of the process it said on the website the processing time was 7 months, well it has now been 7 months and according to the cic website the case isn't even opened? I cannot check anything online there is no record of us?
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this and what they did or what happened? I have emailed the cic London office but have of course not had a reply as of yet.
We are so desperate to start our new lives and this is just taking forever!!!!!

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who replies

FelicIty :))

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Bumblecheck said:
I am A Canadian citizen living in the Uk. My husband and I started the application process the beginning of this year and sent all out papers in in march 2012. July 2012 we had a letter stating I had forgotten to sign one of the papers (duh) and that we had not included my husbands 17 year old daughter on the forms and she needed to have a medical. So we got the medical, signed the form and sent back before the date they had requested us to do so. Since then we have not heard anything. At the beginning of the process it said on the website the processing time was 7 months, well it has now been 7 months and according to the cic website the case isn't even opened? I cannot check anything online there is no record of us?
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this and what they did or what happened? I have emailed the cic London office but have of course not had a reply as of yet.
We are so desperate to start our new lives and this is just taking forever!!!!!

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who replies

FelicIty :))
Hey Felicity,

DId you get approved as a sponsor? because the first stage, from CIC in Canada, is normally taking around 3 months. So now - if you have received the letter of sponsorship, your file is in London and the waiting time is normal (i applied in april and i'm still waiting).

If you have not heard anything - no sponsorship etc - then give them a call in Canada and ask - you should be approved for sponsorship by now, and your file transferred to London.

Good luck,
Sweden

Bumblecheck

Oct 10, 2012
Hi there
I have not received any paperwork approving me to be a sponser. The only paperwork was that stating I had forgotten to sign a piece and the medical for my husbands daughter.
I didn't realise you can call and speak to them in Canada? I will try that later!
Thank you

Felicity

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Bumblecheck said:
Hi there
I have not received any paperwork approving me to be a sponser. The only paperwork was that stating I had forgotten to sign a piece and the medical for my husbands daughter.
I didn't realise you can call and speak to them in Canada? I will try that later!
Thank you

Felicity
If you have your email on the application I suggest you to go thru your email i.e spam and junk folders ( for a few days/months back)if you have not seen any email in your inbox from the CIC for the Stage 1 Sponsor Approval.Most of the cases these days are receiving Email about the Sponsorship Approval.

If there is no email then its time to contact CIC and inquire about the status of your application...Good luck

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It will take longer than the stated timelines because of the mistakes - not signing and omitting the child from the forms. I'd still contact CIC to see what's going on.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
canadianwoman said:
It will take longer than the stated timelines because of the mistakes - not signing and omitting the child from the forms. I'd still contact CIC to see what's going on.
I was thinking the same... did you write something on the envelope to go to a certain department. if not it had to sit in line for 69 days to get opened then from there it would have to be matched up with your original application therefore making your sponsorship processing time double, submitted in end of July would add up to end September, so I would expect you to hear something soon.

zeushk

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 10 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 11, 2012
File Transfer...
May 10, 2012
Med's Request
May 15, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept 7, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 15, 2013
The CIC has a thing that when your application is missing something, they will wait until it is complete and then will start to review the case. So, if you handed your application in March, and they give you a letter in July, means they were ready to process your case in July, but because it was not complete, they wait until it is complete and it is back to the line-up again.

Bumblecheck

Oct 10, 2012
What would you think the line up would be? The original 7 months? When I sent back the info I had a specific case processing officer to send it to so I'm hoping it went directly to his desk?!

zeushk

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 10 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 11, 2012
File Transfer...
May 10, 2012
Med's Request
May 15, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept 7, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 15, 2013
In our case, we had a few things that we didn't complete, which hindered the application process. Everytime, they seemed to have put our case on the bottom to line up again. It was fortunate that it was only at the Visa Office that asked for the information.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
your not understanding what I was saying.... when you mail something to them it takes time to open even if you had a case specific note with UCI #, application #, etc they just ain't going to pick it up the day it gets there and open it and forward it to where it should be. I didn't mean you would lose your spot just that it would take time to get the stuff to your application. We didn't include our RPRF and it took a month for them to get it to the file....

Bumblecheck

Oct 10, 2012
Creampop said:
your not understanding what I was saying.... when you mail something to them it takes time to open even if you had a case specific note with UCI #, application #, etc they just ain't going to pick it up the day it gets there and open it and forward it to where it should be. I didn't mean you would lose your spot just that it would take time to get the stuff to your application. We didn't include our RPRF and it took a month for them to get it to the file....
Great thanks