+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise

saru_24

Jul 20, 2012
Hello everyone around this site I need some serious advise regarding immigration to Canada-based on my details

I am 25 year old Indian national residing in Mumbai, currently handling my fathers restaurant at Mumbai,prior to which I was working in the UK but due to visa issues I had to return back, and ever since I am not liking it here in my country due to corruption, low and poor standard of living etc.
I am planing to come to Canada on a student visa for September intake ,and since I have previously completed my post graduation in hospitality in the UK I am eligible for 3 years of work permit post my course of 8 months.
My doubts to immigration are based on following ,my current business in India generates income at par to the rental value of the place and it's our own land , so in case I leave for Canada and being the sole child the business can go on rent and we expect approx 3000$ Canadian per month , apart from that my father can retire too and I can immigrate to canada .

What jobs can I expect in canada?
I am planing to get married post September so that my wife is eligible too , so can she find work being a MBA???
My parents have agreed to transfer 2000$ Canadian every month from india to canada from the rent, so is it's good idea to live happily with my wife n me working....????

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saru_24 said:
Hello everyone around this site I need some serious advise regarding immigration to Canada-based on my details

I am 25 year old Indian national residing in Mumbai, currently handling my fathers restaurant at Mumbai,prior to which I was working in the UK but due to visa issues I had to return back, and ever since I am not liking it here in my country due to corruption, low and poor standard of living etc.
I am planing to come to Canada on a student visa for September intake ,and since I have previously completed my post graduation in hospitality in the UK I am eligible for 3 years of work permit post my course of 8 months.
My doubts to immigration are based on following ,my current business in India generates income at par to the rental value of the place and it's our own land , so in case I leave for Canada and being the sole child the business can go on rent and we expect approx 3000$ Canadian per month , apart from that my father can retire too and I can immigrate to canada .

What jobs can I expect in canada?
I am planing to get married post September so that my wife is eligible too , so can she find work being a MBA???
My parents have agreed to transfer 2000$ Canadian every month from india to canada from the rent, so is it's good idea to live happily with my wife n me working....????
1. Your UK schooling doesn't count for a post graduate work permit in Canada. If you take an 8 months course in Canada, , the max PGWP is 8 months, if it is a recognized school.
2. You have to demonstrate the first year tuition and $10K living expenses + $3K for travel upfront, it can't be future earnings of the restaurant.
3. Before worrying about jobs, you better see if you can get a study permit first.
4. There is no guarantee that your spouse will be issued a visitor visa for Canada after you are married.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Hi

Sounds like an interesting plan, though I agree this may not be as simple as all that.

Having some money come in (without having to work for it) sounds great, and $2k/ month will go a long way in Canada. Though I agree this will not factor into your ability to legally live and work in Canada. CIC only measures what you have, not what you might be able to bring.

A study permit has many limitations, so I would do some good research before making any of these plans around that.

MBAs could usually get a decent enough job. With that qualifications your wife may qualify under one of the formal programs (as main applicant). Look it up, and see if this might work for you.

Good luck.. :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
And finally, at the end of your studies, and any PGWP, you have to go home again.. This plan doesn't make you a permanent resident.