+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise!!

Kenhongkong

Aug 27, 2012
Dear All,

I am a Canadian Citizen since 1993, due to my family issue, I left Canada in 2000 and without pay my tax around 35000 CAD.
Now, I want to return to Canada, do you think they will set my case to crinimal? Will the immigration let me in when I showing my citizenship card?
or took me to jail?

Since I got married in my country and want to bring my wife and daughter back to Canada, please let me know what should I do?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should contact a lawyer and ask about the status of your debt. According to http://blog.simpsonwigle.com/2009/06/limitation-periods-and-collections/ the statute of limitations (normally 10 years) stops when you leave the country so you are not off the hook. The lawyer would be able to tell you more. Hopefully you can make a payment plan to pay your debt off in installments.

Your daughter is already a citizen based on you having been a citizen when she was born. You would need to apply for a citizenship certificate for her and when she gets it, she can apply for a Canadian passport.

Your wife, you would have to sponsor for permanent residency. You can sponsor her from outside Canada if you can prove that you will be moving to Canada when she gets it.