+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise. Visitor extension needed on inland application?

Ruby_ruby

Dec 5, 2015
Hello Seniors,

I applied for an inland application September 30 2015 and CIC received it on 2nd Oct 2015. I applied for an open work permit with my inland application and have not received any email from CIC yet. My visitor visa is expiring on 31st December 2015 and I was just writing this to get suggestion or advise from you guys if I should apply for visitor visa extension or not. If I don't apply for any extension will I be allowed to stay in Canada on implied status as I have already applied for my inland application and owp. Please advise.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ruby_ruby said:
Hello Seniors,

I applied for an inland application September 30 2015 and CIC received it on 2nd Oct 2015. I applied for an open work permit with my inland application and have not received any email from CIC yet. My visitor visa is expiring on 31st December 2015 and I was just writing this to get suggestion or advise from you guys if I should apply for visitor visa extension or not. If I don't apply for any extension will I be allowed to stay in Canada on implied status as I have already applied for my inland application and owp. Please advise.
The OWP app you submitted, gives you implied status (as long as you don't leave Canada) for as long as it takes. So there is no need to apply for a separate visitor extension.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO is correct, however...if either the Inland application or the OWP is returned because of a missing, or outdated form, missing signature(s), or incomplete payment (some people fail to include the extra $100 fee for the OWP, for example), it could jeopardize the implied status.

Are you absolutely certain that none of the above are a possibility for you? If you are, you have nothing to worry about.

Ruby_ruby

Dec 5, 2015
Hello Ponga thank you for replying to this. I am sure there will be nothing wrong with the application however if there is then do you advise to apply for visitor visa extension?
Do you think I will be getting my AOR any time soon?

Thank you so much you guys are awesome.

Ponga said:
Rob_TO is correct, however...if either the Inland application or the OWP is returned because of a missing, or outdated form, missing signature(s), or incomplete payment (some people fail to include the extra $100 fee for the OWP, for example), it could jeopardize the implied status.

Thank you to Rob_To as well :)

Are you absolutely certain that none of the above are a possibility for you? If you are, you have nothing to worry about.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Ruby_ruby said:
Hello Ponga thank you for replying to this. I am sure there will be nothing wrong with the application however if there is then do you advise to apply for visitor visa extension?
Do you think I will be getting my AOR any time soon?

Thank you so much you guys are awesome.
I would get one to be on the safe side. We applied for one for me but everything was ok and i actually received my OWP before the extension. Extensions are taking around 3/4 months to process.