+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise --- Spousal sponsorship DM

s2309

Feb 28, 2020
Hello all
My spousal sponsorship process is almost completed. I received pre-arrival last week and then after 5 days Decision Made on ECAS .

Now, my lawyer wants to report an issue in Schedule A form that he missed earlier. There was mistake on our behalf in disclosing previous visa refusal. The misinterpretation occured because the TRV was refused in the same country where I have been staying for 10+ years, and during my stay, Temporary Resident Visa extension was refused. I did not leave that country and have been staying there legally until present. This is what confused me in reporting in Schedule A. Although I verbally informed my lawyer about this situation when filling the application forms, he did not report (I think forgot to or skipped it),and I relied on him thinking that he has taken care of what was needed to be done. Now the lawyer denied the fact that we informed him and I fully understand it counts as a mistake on my behalf as I am the one who signed the forms in the last. Recently, I wanted to confirm with him regarding this but he as put 100% blame on me saying I didn't tell him at the time of application.

We decided to update Schedule A and send it to the visa office. An explanation letter and a scan copy was sent via webform. But it happened in the same week when I received pre-arrival and a week later Decision was made on PR application. As it happened quickly, I am confused about whether they fetched the webform by the time decision was made. I informed the lawyer about DM but he says ECAS decision made doesn't mean anything. so he is adamant on sending hard copy of the corrected form to visa office.

I do not agree with him because I feel that ECAS reflects correct updates and when a decision has been made, sending excess documents does not make any sense. But he is kind of arrogant and I know he wont listen to me. He is an idiot and his staff is very rude and unhelpful. I am at a point where I can't cancel representation due to the fear that I might miss any further correspondence coming from visa office soon after DM. All the communication comes to his email address and if I cancel him now and also provide my email address, it might take some time for that to update in their system and what if I miss any communication during that phase. Anyone can tell me the impact of sending updated Schedule A even after DM. Is it going to make any difference? I am worried that it should not have any negative impact now. Please advise.

Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You've already asked this. It's quite likely no one here can tell you the impact of physically mailing the Schedule A that highlights your misrepresentation after it's already been submitted via webform.

You can cancel representation at any time.

No final decision on your application is made until you land in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all
My spousal sponsorship process is almost completed. I received pre-arrival last week and then after 5 days Decision Made on ECAS .

Now, my lawyer wants to report an issue in Schedule A form that he missed earlier. There was mistake on our behalf in disclosing previous visa refusal. The misinterpretation occured because the TRV was refused in the same country where I have been staying for 10+ years, and during my stay, Temporary Resident Visa extension was refused. I did not leave that country and have been staying there legally until present. This is what confused me in reporting in Schedule A. Although I verbally informed my lawyer about this situation when filling the application forms, he did not report (I think forgot to or skipped it),and I relied on him thinking that he has taken care of what was needed to be done. Now the lawyer denied the fact that we informed him and I fully understand it counts as a mistake on my behalf as I am the one who signed the forms in the last. Recently, I wanted to confirm with him regarding this but he as put 100% blame on me saying I didn't tell him at the time of application.

We decided to update Schedule A and send it to the visa office. An explanation letter and a scan copy was sent via webform. But it happened in the same week when I received pre-arrival and a week later Decision was made on PR application. As it happened quickly, I am confused about whether they fetched the webform by the time decision was made. I informed the lawyer about DM but he says ECAS decision made doesn't mean anything. so he is adamant on sending hard copy of the corrected form to visa office.

I do not agree with him because I feel that ECAS reflects correct updates and when a decision has been made, sending excess documents does not make any sense. But he is kind of arrogant and I know he wont listen to me. He is an idiot and his staff is very rude and unhelpful. I am at a point where I can't cancel representation due to the fear that I might miss any further correspondence coming from visa office soon after DM. All the communication comes to his email address and if I cancel him now and also provide my email address, it might take some time for that to update in their system and what if I miss any communication during that phase. Anyone can tell me the impact of sending updated Schedule A even after DM. Is it going to make any difference? I am worried that it should not have any negative impact now. Please advise.

Thank you
There is no point in sending a physical copy when you've already sent an electronic copy.

ECAS does not reflect correct updates on time. It generally takes time to update.

Jamesl112

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
You've already asked this. It's quite likely no one here can tell you the impact of physically mailing the Schedule A that highlights your misrepresentation after it's already been submitted via webform.

You can cancel representation at any time.

No final decision on your application is made until you land in Canada.
is there any interview when landing in Canada?