+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advise: Career Break -> Study at CA -> Work and settle in CA

lee77

Mar 24, 2010
Hi,

Need some advise about immigrating to Canada(particularly Vancouver BC).
I am currently working in Japan as solution consultant(IT) and is looking for opportunity to immigrate to Canada to work and setttle there.

Since I am not in a managerial position, I cannot apply for FSW unless I have job offer.
And even though I have around 10 years experience, companies does not seem to be interested if they need to sponsor my Visa.

So I am looking for other options.

Is it advisable to apply for student visa for a short 1-2 year course and look for job within/after that period?

I found this program which may provide me the skills to find work there:
BCIT.ca -> Business Information Technology Management(Full-time Diploma of Technology)
(I am not allowed to post links)

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

fattyreflyer

Feb 25, 2010
Melbourne
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in a very similar situation, and also looking to study something similar as well (or possibly go down the MBA route).

From what I have seen, it is possible to work (or at least apply to work) in Canada after you have successfully graduated as long as your course it at least 8 months full time - and you can work for as long as the length of the course i.e if your course is 1 yr long you are able to work 1 year.

Following on from that, you could then be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class visa:
cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp

I would be interested to hear how it goes...