+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advice on how to increase my CRC score.

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I created my online profile on June 5th, 2016 and need some help urgently.

Can you please advice me on how can I increase my CRC score.

My present score is - 405 due to following factors:

IELTS - L 8, R 8.5, S 9, W 6.5 (If I can get 0.5 more in writing, the score jumps to 450 !!)

I have completed ECA from WES, Canada.

I have 26 months of work experience.
I also have over 1 year of experience in addition to above 26 months as Student Ambassador in my University in the UK (however, the job didn't had proper working hours and rather worked when required so I don't know if I can use that work experience). I have worked over 870 hours in 20 months.

Is there any other area where I can increase my score apart from Province nomination and a Canadian job offer.

Please help.

P.S. - Next available slot for Ielts (GT) isn't due till early July or End of June and this is bit urgent.

P.S.S. I have also registered on Job Bank, but it still comes up as pending on my profile when I log in from GCkey.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The shortest term solution is really just to improve your IELTS score, which you have already identified.

The other non-PNP/JO solution is to improve your education, but you seem to be searching for a quick fix.

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks bellaluna,

I forgot to mention that I have just completed my Masters (MSc) from UK and have already done ECA for that as well.

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Sunny_Sharma,

There is no quick fix for this. The IELTS score can only help you out to reach about 450. Also, the work experience that you have is less than 3 years, and they don' assume part time. Chances are you will lose about 25 points for this. As per CRS – C. Skill transferability factors, for the foreign work experience, If you have 1 or 2 years of Experience but less than 3, then you get 25 points, and if you have 3 years of experience, then you have 50 points.

For the job bank registration, it sometimes take 1 or 2 days to get reflected in CIC Account.

Sunny_Sharma said:
Hi everyone,

I created my online profile on June 5th, 2016 and need some help urgently.

My present score is - 405 due to following factors:

IELTS - L 8, R 8.5, S 9, W 6.5 (If I can get 0.5 more in writing, the score jumps to 450 !!)

I have completed ECA from WES, Canada.

I have 26 months of work experience.
I also have over 1 year of experience in addition to above 26 months as Student Ambassador in my University in the UK (however, the job didn't had proper working hours and rather worked when required so I don't know if I can use that work experience). I have worked over 870 hours in 20 months.

Is there any other area where I can increase my score apart from Province nomination and a Canadian job offer.

Please help.

P.S. - Next available slot for Ielts (GT) isn't due till early July or End of June and this is bit urgent.

P.S.S. I have also registered on Job Bank, but it still comes up as pending on my profile when I log in from GCkey.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Based on the information you provided, I would say IELTS is the only quick solution. Although even 450 points would still mean a significant wait time for ITA at this point.

The only other possibility I see is to get your work experience up to 3 years, as that would be a significant jump in points again.

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys :)

Looks like I have to re-appear for Ielts now and hope I can get better score this time.

Would focus on increasing my work experience to boost points.

Can anyone tell me what are the chances of getting a job offer from Canada before going there? Through Job bank, Kijiji etc.

Cheers!

IcedCoffee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Sunny_Sharma said:
Thanks guys :)

Looks like I have to re-appear for Ielts now and hope I can get better score this time.

Would focus on increasing my work experience to boost points.

Can anyone tell me what are the chances of getting a job offer from Canada before going there? Through Job bank, Kijiji etc.

Cheers!
When you have a PR visa, you chances aren't bad, but it depends on occupation and you work experience (how valuable you are for employers).
I wouldn't count much on Job Bank while waiting for ITA - your employer will have to get an LMIA for you, which is not an easy task you know :)

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IcedCoffee said:
When you have a PR visa, you chances aren't bad, but it depends on occupation and you work experience (how valuable you are for employers).
I wouldn't count much on Job Bank while waiting for ITA - your employer will have to get an LMIA for you, which is not an easy task you know :)
Thanks @ IcedCoffee,

I just had a conversation with a Visa agent from a reputed company and he suggested going for provincial nomination route. In my understanding it is very hard to get that. For my occupation (MSc Electronics and 26 months of work experience in same field), is there any hope or chances to get that. Inspite of the fact I will need to pay for nomination application on top of everything and it is not cheap !!

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
At the moment some of the Provinces are on halt due to backlogs, you can check individually here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

you can certainly take that route. However, if you can get Ielts and 3years work exp under your belt, you're all set.

Akinoluwa

Mar 8, 2016
You need to ask for a remark in your writing module. I was in a similar situation months ago. I got 6.5 in Writing, my score was 400, I asked for a remark, writing score increased to 7, final score 458.

Moral of the story: Ask for a remark!!!!

Sunny_Sharma

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akinoluwa said:
You need to ask for a remark in your writing module. I was in a similar situation months ago. I got 6.5 in Writing, my score was 400, I asked for a remark, writing score increased to 7, final score 458.

Moral of the story: Ask for a remark!!!!
Thanks @ Akinoluwa,

Unfortunately I have already done that and now I am £60 under which I paid for a remark and it took almost 2 months !

Thanks @ dell2, at the moment IELTS and work experience seems the most optimal solution, however that means I have to wait another 10 months (present experience - 2 yrs 2 months) !! ???

Thanks @ m_alamin, I have done French as a language in my school and used to be quite good in that, however it's been a while now and I don't know how many points it can give me?

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
@Sunny_Sharma,

Did you receive the OINP Letter in your Online CIC Account? Since you have above 400 score, you would have received invitation to apply for OINP (Ontario PNP Programme). If yes, then try to apply for it. Though I am not sure, if they require some CLB 9 throughout or not. You can ask that on the OINP Thread.

Although PNP thing takes some time, but it is an option.

Issoufa

Apr 15, 2016
Niger
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-10-2019
File Transfer...
07-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-10-2019
Hi everyone,

I created my online profile on 25 may 2016 and need some help urgently.

My present score is 411 due to following factors:

TEF Canada CLB 9+ And 34 years old.

I have completed ECA from WES, Canada and have Bachelor degree Equivalence

I have 7 years of work experience.

Is there any other area where I can increase my score?

Please help.