Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I have 12+ years experience in IT, work as Project manager with US IT MNC in India .
I am planning to apply under 0213 NOC ,please advice whether i should give IELTS before giving initial application or if requested.
Since i have worked in Singapore,USA,Canada and chile, i think i should get wavier for IELTS.
What do you suggest, Should i give send my application and Give IELTS if requested?
I am planninbgjustify my knowledege of English language, based on my education and experience.

Even my wife has 11 years experience in IT and she has also worked in Canada & USA.
Would appreciate your advice.

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
From what I read here in the forum, they're very strict about IELTS and will only consider waiving it if you are from a country where the first language is English.

Your course of action depends on how many points you need for language. If you need all 16 points, the best way is to take IELTS. If you already have sufficient points and need only, say 8 or so, you can get away with the written submission in lieu of IELTS.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Thanks for you advice.
There is a question in "Schedule 3 Economic Classes.pdf"

Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in english or french?
Yes-Provide copy of approved test results
No-Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's offical language.

If u say No to the above question how do i handle evidence of proficiency in Canada's offical language?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mailvdutt said:
Thanks for you advice.
There is a question in "Schedule 3 Economic Classes.pdf"

Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in english or french?
Yes-Provide copy of approved test results
No-Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's offical language.

If u say No to the above question how do i handle evidence of proficiency in Canada's offical language?
Why do you guys make life hard for yourself?
It states categorically, to give proof of your proficiency by writing. Well, if you are sure that you are able to convince the IO by writing how good you are are at all the Modules, Listening, Speaking, Writing, and Reading. Then, Why not Do so?

Here, read this, may be it will help you and others:
Proof of language skills

Immigration Canada, as well as Immigration officers now requires applicants to prove their
ability in either one of Canada's two official languages (English & French). You are therefore
required to provide proof of your language ability in the "First" Language (either ENGLISH
or FRENCH) upon submission of your application and supporting documentation.

This proof is now required by Immigration Canada from all principal applicants, regardless of
whether or not they have lived in English or French speaking parts of the world.

Applicants who are skilled in both English and French must decide which language they wish
to indicate as their “First Official Language”.

This information would then be indicated on the application forms. A maximum of 16 points
can be allotted for high proficiency in the First official language, while an additional 8 points
(maximum) can be allotted under the Second Official Language.

Immigration Canada requires that applicants provide an independent assessment of their
language ability.

Option 1: Language Test results. You can submit test results in an effort to prove your
language skill.

Currently only a couple of organizations are recognized by the Immigration authorities as
testing authorities for language ability.

To obtain detailed information kindly proceed to the following:

English Language Testing and/or French Language Testing

Option 2: Provide other evidence in writing of your proficiency in English and French. This
should include the following information:

a. A written submission explaining your training in English and/or French;
b. An explanation of how you commonly use English and/or French;
c. Official documentation of education in English and/or French; AND
d. Official documentation of work experience in English and/or French

English Language Declaration
French Language Declaration

All supporting documents for Option 2 must be certified true copies.

Applicants who have not completed a post secondary diploma in a country whose official
language is English and/or French (such as: USA, UK, France, Belgium est.) should provide
a language test result as evidence of their language ability.

Without taking the language test it is up to the discretion of the visa officer to award you
points for your language ability. If the documentation submitted does not establish the
claimed level of proficiency the officer is not required to request additional documents nor
will they conduct an interview to assess language ability. The immigration officer can award
points for a lower skill level and assess your case using these points.

Hope this helps!!!

Disclaimer:
I am neither an Immigration Lawyer nor Consultant. This is not a Legal Advice. Everybody is fully responsible for his/her actions.

rely

Star Member
Mar 3, 2006
India
if you are submitting your application from new delhi office then with your education and employment exp you have mentioned, you should have no problem.
rely

mailvdutt said:
I have 12+ years experience in IT, work as Project manager with US IT MNC in India .
I am planning to apply under 0213 NOC ,please advice whether i should give IELTS before giving initial application or if requested.
Since i have worked in Singapore,USA,Canada and chile, i think i should get wavier for IELTS.
What do you suggest, Should i give send my application and Give IELTS if requested?
I am planninbgjustify my knowledege of English language, based on my education and experience.

Even my wife has 11 years experience in IT and she has also worked in Canada & USA.
Would appreciate your advice.

Reeya

Dec 13, 2010
hi,
i m applyin for canadian immigration.i took ielts test .i HAVE SOME PROFIENCY in frence too.is it necessary to provide the proof for secong offical language for canadian skilled worker

dyaz

Dec 18, 2010
I attempt my IELTS and scored 6, 5.5, 6, 6 l, r, s,w and over all score is 6. i am 16 year graduate and have more then four year working experience. i have to submit my document within 120 days but i want to retake my IELTS but if i retake my documents submission date will passed. kindly guide me and provide some suitable situation.....

asif ghouri

Nov 2, 2009
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
Decision Made 13-04-2012
dyaz said:
I attempt my IELTS and scored 6, 5.5, 6, 6 l, r, s,w and over all score is 6. i am 16 year graduate and have more then four year working experience. i have to submit my document within 120 days but i want to retake my IELTS but if i retake my documents submission date will passed. kindly guide me and provide some suitable situation.....
dear if ur points r 67 then u can send ur application now and if u want to improve ur ielts then u can send ur ielts later on before decesion made.