+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please advice me universities to apply

MandeepKumarSharma

Jul 17, 2018
I have a bachelor degree in IT with 67% and, a postgraduate diploma in computer application with 75%, 3 years of relevant experience as a software developer and 7 bands in IELTS(No less than 6 in any). I want to pursue M.Eng in Canadian university for May 2021. Which all universities should I apply? Please suggest good universities where I have some chance and some universities with sure shot admission. Looking to apply at least in 7 unis.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Try for Mcgill, Concordia,Manitoba

MandeepKumarSharma

Jul 17, 2018
Try for Mcgill, Concordia,Manitoba
First of all, thank you for response.
I talked with IDP, they are saying I have very slim chances of getting a good University as my percentage is very less and on other side you people are saying I can even get mcGill. I am very confused. Can somebody clear my confusion.

MandeepKumarSharma

Jul 17, 2018
UofT, UBC, McGill
I talked with IDP, they are saying I have very slim chances of getting a good University as my percentage is very less and on other side you people are saying I can even get mcGill. I am very confused. Can somebody clear my confusion.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
As far as I know Computer Engineering department is very famous in Concordia. You have good chance to get there. My score is 67% in bachelor and got offer from there in MEng in Industrial Engineering for winter 2021. Also they have good acceptance rate. Search google by your desired degree, course curriculam, admission criteria etc. You will get an overall idea which university you should go for. Make a priority list. Apply to mid-ranking universities. Note that if you want to MASC or research based you have to convince the professor first. If you are self funded go for MEng. Thanks

Reactions: MandeepKumarSharma

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Master's degree programs related to computers/IT are very competitive. Even in middle ranked university, the competition is huge. Try to apply to some middle ranked and low ranked universities besides the top ones.

Reactions: MandeepKumarSharma

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
First of all, thank you for response.
There is no harm in applying to good Universities like McGill or McMaster but IDP is correct when they said about your % in undergraduate degree. There are many applicants with 80+ % in Computer/IT related undergrad. degrees in India and that is why it is very competitive.
Even back in 2013 when I applied with 76% with 3 yrs of exp., I got rejections from Carleton and McMaster.

Don't lose hope, try Dalhousie (competitive) and Univ. of Manitoba. Check out Simon Fraser University as well. Otherwise you can look for Technical Colleges (not the regular ones like Humber or Centennial).

All the best !

MandeepKumarSharma

Jul 17, 2018
Tech Interview questions MSC CDA:
  1. What is your tech background?
  2. What is your preferred prog language?
  3. Declare an array multidimensional array.
  4. Calculate roots of the quadratic equation.
  5. Max in an array.
  6. Calculate sigma(xy/sqrt(x^2+y^2)), sigma means summation.
  7. One table will be given with data, you have to find functional dependency normalize and decompose to second normal form or to third normal form and then after decomposing apply join and write a SQL query.
If you have done the assignment on your own, it will be very easy. Read 2NF and 3NF of DBMS.

Last edited: