+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Advice if Canada has started to process visit Visas

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Good Morning ,

Kindly advice if Canada has started processing Tourist visas , I recently got denied twice 2019 on grounds I do not have travel History. Hence I visited some nations, so I am back again, And I wanted to submit, but the pandemic is one thing that has been really a pressing issue right now.

So i needed clarification if this is a right time to re-submit visitor visa applications (Under TRV) I do not mind to take the wait in this case. I am from Nigeria, I have visited several West African nation, 2 East African Nations, I also plan to visit the UAE as well.

Kindly Advice.

Reactions: Camus182

JoeJD

Feb 24, 2021
Good Morning ,

Kindly advice if Canada has started processing Tourist visas , I recently got denied twice 2019 on grounds I do not have travel History. Hence I visited some nations, so I am back again, And I wanted to submit, but the pandemic is one thing that has been really a pressing issue right now.

So i needed clarification if this is a right time to re-submit visitor visa applications (Under TRV) I do not mind to take the wait in this case. I am from Nigeria, I have visited several West African nation, 2 East African Nations, I also plan to visit the UAE as well.

Kindly Advice.
It seems to me like this isn't a good time to visit Canada unless you really have to. It would be best to wait until the pandemic is over.

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
It seems to me like this isn't a good time to visit Canada unless you really have to. It would be best to wait until the pandemic is over.

I just want the visa to be in my passport then i go when the Pandemic is over. What do you think?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just want the visa to be in my passport then i go when the Pandemic is over. What do you think?
Visiting other African countries or the UAE won't help with your travel history. When travel history is a concern Canada generally wants to see proof that you have visited countries like the US, some European countries, Australia, etc. With the high number of asylum claims from Nigeria, Canada wants to ensure visitors will return home. You can apply for a TRV now but won't be able to travel unless you meet the travel restrictions.

JoeJD

Feb 24, 2021
I could be mistaken, but I think tourist visas can only be used for the six months following when they are given out.