+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pleas help understand

Toledo_Linda

Dec 2, 2019
Recieved a letter which states:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within
30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

** my questions are:

1. Does this mean it has been approved?

2. The dates originally listed for travel, can those change, or does it have to stay within that time line? Believe was listed for May, but can travel March or April?

Thank you in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
With a TRV you can travel at any time within the validity of the visa. You do not need to inform anyone of your travel plans once a TRV has been issued. Wait until the actual TRV has been issued before booking any travel

Toledo_Linda

Dec 2, 2019
When you get your correspondence biometric letter after that how much time they took
You need to look at the processing time which states in the country you applied. Biometrics letter came Jan 9 and the letter for passport came yesterday Jan 10.

Good luck if you are waiting to hear.

Toledo_Linda

Dec 2, 2019
Yes you can travel until valid visa .
What you time line can you update for applicant when you submit when you receive
So.if travel was for May. Once the passport is stamped, can I book for travel in April as ticket prices will be less then.

Also do I need to book a return flight or can I book that after once I know a better time line of when (as again tickets go on sale)

Toledo_Linda

Dec 2, 2019
Anytime you can travel
So even if the invitation letter said May, if I travel in let say april, would I have issues with immigration once arrived?

Do that time frame show in the system?

Dont want to travel earlier than what was stated to avoid complications with immigration at arrival to Canada, as I have to make a connection from Toronto to the final destination.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
So even if the invitation letter said May, if I travel in let say april, would I have issues with immigration once arrived?

Do that time frame show in the system?

Dont want to travel earlier than what was stated to avoid complications with immigration at arrival to Canada, as I have to make a connection from Toronto to the final destination.
Again, no issue with the travel dates as long as you use/travel on the days when the visa is valid.

Toledo_Linda

Dec 2, 2019
Again, no issue with the travel dates as long as you use/travel on the days when the visa is valid.
I was under the impression that the actual time allowed gets stamped into the passport once arrived in Canada, and that the other which would be put into the passport is the travel permission to allow to travel to Canada. I am new to this and just want to make sure I have everything covered before travelling and booking flights.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
I was under the impression that the actual time allowed gets stamped into the passport once arrived in Canada, and that the other which would be put into the passport is the travel permission to allow to travel to Canada. I am new to this and just want to make sure I have everything covered before travelling and booking flights.
Only the validity of visa dates is required for booking tickets and then arrive in Canada. You may or not choose to keep the dates same as declared in your visa application. Plans do change and it’s okay to have a different plan then what you have declared earlier.
So good luck on your maiden trip to Canada .