+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pleas heeeeelp !!!!!!Open work permit as spouse of an international student

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
Hi everyone. My study permjt have been approved on February 2020 and my classes start on September 2020. I have applied for an Open Work Permit for my husband and it has been refused twice. First time its been refused due to family ties, travel history, purpose of his visit and economic reason. We reapplied and the second time it has been refused for the only reason based on the purpose of his visit. I dont know what to do im really upset and demotivated. I cant stay without him

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone. My study permjt have been approved on February 2020 and my classes start on September 2020. I have applied for an Open Work Permit for my husband and it has been refused twice. First time its been refused due to family ties, travel history, purpose of his visit and economic reason. We reapplied and the second time it has been refused for the only reason based on the purpose of his visit. I dont know what to do im really upset and demotivated. I cant stay without him
An approval of a spousal open work permit is never guaranteed.

What evidence did you provide in the application to show his proof of ties to his home country? The purpose of visit refusal reason generally means that his ties to his home country aren't strong enough and that IRCC has concerns he has plans to remain in Canada long term.

How much money did you show in proof of funds to prove you have enough money to support yourselves here?

What is your country of origin? Are you living there now or in another country temporarily? Does your husband have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the U.S. and UK? And what are you studying in Canada and for how long?

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
My husband is working as an IT in an Italian Company since 5 years now. We live with his parents at the same home in Tirana Albania. We have sufficient fund to live for one year in Canada together ( around 40000$ In total). He doesn’t have any usa or uk visa but he has traveled in other Countries in Europe such as Swiss Poland Spain Montenegro Italy. Im going to stuff in Canada for 1 year. My visa is valid till June 2021.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband is working as an IT in an Italian Company since 5 years now. We live with his parents at the same home in Tirana Albania. We have sufficient fund to live for one year in Canada together ( around 40000$ In total). He doesn’t have any usa or uk visa but he has traveled in other Countries in Europe such as Swiss Poland Spain Montenegro Italy. Im going to stuff in Canada for 1 year. My visa is valid till June 2021.
What evidence of proof of ties did you provide in the application?

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
At our letter of explanation we explained that we live with his parents and my husband as the youngest child of them has always been by their side. We dontknow what evidence can we present . We have no idea how to explain that we live with hia parents and that he always take care of them

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
At our letter of explanation we explained that we live with his parents and my husband as the youngest child of them has always been by their side. We dontknow what evidence can we present . We have no idea how to explain that we live with hia parents and that he always take care of them
His parents aren't a tie to your home country if you are both willing to leave them for a year.

Proof of ties are generally things like proof of employment, proof of property ownership, and proof of assets.

What evidence did you provide in the application to show he is employed? What other evidence did you give to show proof of ties? A letter isn't going to do it. You need actual evidence.

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
On the first application we provide the letter of employment explaining the position at the company and the start date. Do you think that applying for a loan is a good tie to home country?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
On the first application we provide the letter of employment explaining the position at the company and the start date. Do you think that applying for a loan is a good tie to home country?
No - a loan is not a tie. Very easy to walk away from a loan.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you please suggest us whats the best to do?
He needs to strengthen his ties. With two refusals already, I think there needs to be a significant change in his profile to have a chance of being accepted. You may have to consider coming to study on your own and then having him try to apply for an open work permit again once you have finished your program, have a PGWP and have secured a skilled job.

I also think your available funds are on the low side.

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
I also have one last doubt When we filled the online application the second time we didnt fill the TRV application imm 5257 as it was optional and wasn’t mandatory. Based in your experience is it a reason of refusal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would order GCMS notes to see what the reason for refusal are and if you can overcome the concerns. Unfortunately not every spouse gets approved and so couples remain separated until PGWP when the spouse gets a job in NOC 0, A or B and 3 pay stubs.

Reactions: Scotians19

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
I have asked the reconsideration of his application through the web form on Saturday and im waiting if IRCC is going to reply me. Seems that due to Covid its difficult to have a response. The estimated time is 28 working days. Is there anyone that have also asked the reconsideration of the file?

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
Update i asked thr reconsideration of my application and I received the following message from my ircc. Can you please advise me whats the best to do : Please note that in order to issue a visa/permit to enter Canada, an officer needs to be satisfied that the applicant meets the requirement of the temporary resident visa or study or work permits and that the applicant will return to his/her own country of residence at the end of his/her authorized stay. A number of factors are taken into consideration in making this decision. If the decision is negative, a detailed refusal letter is given to the applicant. This letter outlines some of the concerns the officer had with the application as it was presented. Anyone having been refused a visa/permit can reapply and submit additional information. The refusal letter can act as a guide in order to indicate where more information was required

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Update i asked thr reconsideration of my application and I received the following message from my ircc. Can you please advise me whats the best to do : Please note that in order to issue a visa/permit to enter Canada, an officer needs to be satisfied that the applicant meets the requirement of the temporary resident visa or study or work permits and that the applicant will return to his/her own country of residence at the end of his/her authorized stay. A number of factors are taken into consideration in making this decision. If the decision is negative, a detailed refusal letter is given to the applicant. This letter outlines some of the concerns the officer had with the application as it was presented. Anyone having been refused a visa/permit can reapply and submit additional information. The refusal letter can act as a guide in order to indicate where more information was required
It sounds like IRCC is telling you to reapply. You will need to put together a stronger application to address the refusal reasons and try to get an approval.