+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase Help landing in 31st Jan,2014

omsalah

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Dear Friends,

I urgently need your help and advice, we are a family of five members and we are going to land in Toronto in January 31 2014 please help me regarding the proof of funds i am really lost how much money I should carry on is it 24000 CAD and then I have to open a bank statement in Ontario depositing the 24000 CAD??Can I carry less than this amount? And just bring a bank statement from my home country showing my funds? And just carry 10000 CAD cash in hand???Please advice...
Also is there is any prior landing forms I should prepare with me?
Is it acceptable to finalize my landing papers ,SIN <PR CARD> HEALTH CARDS and return back to my home country for a period of 1.5 year and then relocate permanently to Canada after 1.5 years???

when reaching toronto I should declare to the the officer that i will be returning back to canada permenantly after finalizing my personal things in my home country pleaseeeeeeeee answer me

Appreciate your replies

sazzadkw

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
Update Doc Requested X March 2013(18 months letter)
Nomination.....
Process started 2X March 2012
File Transfer...
Updates Police clearence request AUG 2013
Med's Request
Medical + RPRF request - XX-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
XX sept 2013
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
XX Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
XX Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Travelling on March 2nd week 2014
omsalah said:
Dear Friends,

I urgently need your help and advice, we are a family of five members and we are going to land in Toronto in January 31 2014 please help me regarding the proof of funds i am really lost how much money I should carry on is it 24000 CAD and then I have to open a bank statement in Ontario depositing the 24000 CAD??Can I carry less than this amount? And just bring a bank statement from my home country showing my funds? And just carry 10000 CAD cash in hand???Please advice...
Is it acceptable to finalize my landing papers ,SIN <PR CARD> HEALTH CARDS and return back to my home country for a period of 1.5 year and then relocate permanently to Canada after 1.5 years???

when reaching toronto I should declare to the the officer that i will be returning back to canada permenantly after finalizing my personal things in my home country pleaseeeeeeeee answer me

Appreciate your replies

Pls. seniors make some comments on this topic

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
omsalah said:
Dear Friends,

Appreciate your replies
hello omsalah

Q1) Regarding POF - for a family of 5, you must show at least $23,425 (source:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp)

Q2) It is not advisable to carry less amount and have a bank statement from your country covering the rest (especially if its a 3rd world country) - if you dont want to carry too much cash you can bring with you 10,000 for example and the remaining amount in the form of "Draft cheque" payable to the principal applicant (note that it can take a few weeks to cash the draft cheque in canada, and most probably a fee will be applicable as well)

Its advisable to open a bank account once you land - so as to start building "credit history", it will be helpful if you have plans in the future to apply for a loan (for studying ,buying a house or a car).

Q3) You dont need to prepare any forms for the landing itself - only your COPRs + Passports + POF + address in canada for mailing the PR cards

however for customs purposes - you will need to fill in the customs declaration form (you will receive it inflight) and you need to have a list of "accompanying goods" and "goods to follow"

Q4) Its perfectly fine to plan for a short landing trip and return back to your home country - as long as you have a relative/friend in canada to collect the PR card when it arrives at his address. As long as you meet the residency requirement of 730 days in every 5 year period you'll be fine

SIN cards are easy to obtain, Health cards can be a bit difficult as you will need to prove your residency in the province (i.e. driving license, rental agreement, or monthly bank statements) this requirement is usually difficult to fulfill for those who are staying for a very short time

Q5) Always say the truth if asked, generally - the officer needs to be assured that you will stay in Canada at least until you receive your PR card (in some cases people in this forum mentioned that the officer chose not to process their pr cards as they were staying for a very short time) -

my advise will be not to "voluntarily" disclose unnecessary information if not asked, but if you were directly asked - then be honest.

Finally, enjoy your landing and good luck with your new life ahead!

shef

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
07-09-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Booked for 17th April 2014
you need to carry that much amount that is for sure, but you may not carry all in cash you can carry in form of travellers cheques that are issued from banks easily. they are safe to carry and you can easily deposit them once you reach canada.

shef

omsalah said:
Dear Friends,

Appreciate your replies