+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plea for help!!! Spousal sponsorship. Inlander

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied last January (2014) for PR from BC.

We are married for 12 years with Canadian citizen (born in BC), together for 17 years, have 3 Canadian kids (one is born in Vancouver, other in Eastern Europe). We were living in Eastern Europe till 2013, mostly in Moscow (where we met, my husband was working there for a long time).

So in 2013 we came to Canada. I came by visitor's multiply visa (have been in Canada earlier 10 or more times-with children and before marriage too -to visit parents of husband and to travel around). By visa because decision to move was made suddenly, and in two months we already moved. We were not sure that we will stay, so left our stuff on warehouse. And when in December we made decision to stay we sent our stuff from Moscow and applied in January for my PR.

I thought I have strong background -husband is Canadian by birth, 3 kids Canadians, married for 12 years, but I was so mistaken!!!
In March instead of AOR we received request for 2 forms - one was definitely put to the first package, another was for outlanders, not for us -like who knows you from relatives of husband, what sms have you sent. It is even funny for people, who live together for 17 years!

Ok, we filled the forms and sent them again at the end of March. Waiting... In June we began to call. "We don t see our application. Please call later". In such way it lasted for TWO MONTHS! In August we decided to send these documents again, checked again that they were delivered. From October we are calling -answer "We probably received your documents, but can t tell for sure". Now I have problems with driving licence, no medical cover, I can t visit my parents and my 100-years old Granny. And it is December already. Last time they said, that sent confirmation (AOR?) by e-mail, but we haven't received!!! CiC said -sorry, we don't resend documents...

Now there is new system, and you need to name your case. We called 100 times, but after we name the case -sorry, all lines are busy...
It's like black magic or so...
I don't want to blame anybody, but it looks like everything is done is done specially and I received special attitude from the person, who opened my case.

Also I am Russian, may be it's general policy.... Can it be?

Who was in such situation ever? And what are ways to solve the problem? At least to receive AOR? At least to receive any answer???
Please advise! I am in deep depression from all this terrible situation:(((

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for reply, canuck in uk.
How member of parlament can help to us?

I see nobody received such treatment like me :(

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Rusalka said:
Thank you for reply, canuck in uk.
How member of parlament can help to us?

I see nobody received such treatment like me :(
The MP will quickly get answers to what is going on with your application, above and beyond what call center has access too. I contacted the MP in Chilliwack BC, after signing the release form via email, they had detailed answers for me in less than 24hrs.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
CIC is obligated to respond to a request from an MP within a certain amount of time (possibly 3 days?).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your processing times sound normal given you submitted your application in January. Right now the first stage of the inland process is taking 15 months and CIC is still working on applications received in August 2013. So it's going to be a few more months before they reach your application.

It sounds like you're just missing the AOR email (which would have your application number). Have you tried calling the CIC hotline at different times of the day - especially first thing in the morning? (Unfortunately the phone line does tend to be extremely busy.) If you have and that hasn't worked, then hopefully your MP can get you your application number.

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, scylla (like in Prison break? ;)) thank you,
but I really don't think that it is usual to send not needed forms and then to loose them twice...
And strange e-mail ( we call to shaw, there was no such e-mail)... I don t think that it s very typical.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Rusalka said:
Hi, scylla (like in Prison break? ;)) thank you,
but I really don't think that it is usual to send not needed forms and then to loose them twice...
And strange e-mail ( we call to shaw, there was no such e-mail)... I don t think that it s very typical.
actually it is. i'd recommend you hang out on the inland process thread, and you'll notice a lot of applicants are getting document requests for things they've already sent, and many people are missing emails that were "sent" to them. inland processing is not in a good place right now, so unforuntately, what you are experiencing IS typical.