+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to take Tourist Visa but scared

kikik

Jul 7, 2010
Hello I'm planning to take a TRV in the near future but all these news of refusal makes me scared of being disappointed. Can anybody give me tips or pointers to make my chances of getting a TRV higher? I am currently studying on a graduate program and working on my thesis. Please help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The main point is that you have to convince the visa officer that you would leave Canada on the expiry of the visa.

KristinB15

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
If you can show that you will need to return to your home country to finish you thesis you might have a better shot. It is best to try before you finish your schooling I think. My boyfriend is just finishing his studies and has been rejected because he doesn't have significant ties to his home country.

kikik

Jul 7, 2010
I'm in my first year of the master's program. My bf is a canadian and is also studying here. If we get married and the school will furnish a letter that he would be continuing his school and also my schooling, will that give me a higher chances to get a TRV?

KristinB15

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
I would think that the letter from the university would really help your case but ultimately it is up to who you get processing your application.

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
Sometimes we dont know how the consul assesses your application.

Here's the scenario:
My parents were denied visa because they dont have sufficient travel history.. Their only travel outside the Philippines is Thailand... They have furnished all documents signed by the government offices as both are government employees.. Both have travel documents, proof of income (bank statements, assests, etc), Invitation letter from my Aunt with her financial statement, approved leave forms..

I re-applied for a tourist visa because mine already expired in 2006.. It would be the 3rd time i am applying plus i have existing FSW application.. All documents were provided.. And I only got 1 year multiple entry visa..

Just pray that the consul who will assess your visa is kind-hearted :)

kikik

Jul 7, 2010
oh.... yeah, i gathered from reading here that it depends with the consul. how did u manage to get yours?

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
kikik said:
oh.... yeah, i gathered from reading here that it depends with the consul. how did u manage to get yours?

I just submitted all the requirements needed. And I think the travel history helped me in a way. It showed that I have every intention of going back to my country of residence.

kikik

Jul 7, 2010
the problem is i dont have a travel history because I wasnt really keen on going for a trip abroad as I have been studying hard with my school and all that stuff to get a degree. i've been very busy. Now that I'm taking my masters, I realized it wasnt as busy as my undergrad degree. Any suggestions?