+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to Move in Next Couple of Months - Need Guidance!

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I am from India and planning to move to Canada in next couple of months.
Based on the few threads I have read, it seems like I am in a desperate need of guidance in below areas:
  1. As an Indian, what documents do I need to make sure I have before moving to Canada?
  2. What all proofs are needed in-flight or post landing at the airport?
  3. How to furnish the funds proof requirement at airport considering I have an ICICI saving account in India? What documents can I show here as my proof of funds.
  4. How do I plan my accommodation/lodging if I don't have any relative/friend in the city I am moving to?
  5. How are banking services there? Do I need a Canadian bank account or can I use ICICI Canadian branch there? What do I need to get my INR exchanged into CAD?
  6. What other services do I need to apply for once I land in Canada like driver's license or subway card and what documents are needed for these? Does having a valid Indian DL make the process simpler?
  7. As a new immigrant, what else do I need to take care of once I enter Canada?
  8. While creating my EE profile, I mentioned that I will be travelling to Guelph ON. This city is mentioned in my CoPR as my city of travel. Does it make any difference if I travel to any other city instead or do I have to travel to Guelph?
Any suggestion/guidance on any other point for a new immigrant, please feel free to share!
Thank you in advance!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on the few threads I have read, it seems like I am in a desperate need of guidance in below areas:
  1. As an Indian, what documents do I need to make sure I have before moving to Canada?
  3. How to furnish the funds proof requirement at airport considering I have an ICICI saving account in India? What documents can I show here as my proof of funds.
  4. How do I plan my accommodation/lodging if I don't have any relative/friend in the city I am moving to?
  5. How are banking services there? Do I need a Canadian bank account or can I use ICICI Canadian branch there? What do I need to get my INR exchanged into CAD?
  6. What other services do I need to apply for once I land in Canada like driver's license or subway card and what documents are needed for these? Does having a valid Indian DL make the process simpler?
  8. While creating my EE profile, I mentioned that I will be travelling to Guelph ON. This city is mentioned in my CoPR as my city of travel. Does it make any difference if I travel to any other city instead or do I have to travel to Guelph?
Any suggestion/guidance on any other point for a new immigrant, please feel free to share!
Thank you in advance!
4) Logon to websites such as hotel.com and book
5) Once you arrive, you can see if ICICI is convenient for your daily use
6) Social insurance number
7) Not bringing restricted items. See the CBSA website for the complete list
8) No difference. You cannot directly come to Guelph from India anyways.

Rahuldost

Jan 24, 2012
Thank you in advance!
have you got the answers when are you landing