+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning for Re-apply on Study Permit

WinterSonata

Oct 22, 2018
Hi.
My story is I've already applied a study visa for the Fall 2018 but I got rejected.
I would like to re-apply for the Winter 2018.

How can I convince the visa officers if my family is already in Canada. Should I show them more money? More assets? What if I'm unemployed right now? Should I buy a plane ticket already as proof that I can support myself before I submit my new application?

I'm hopeful that you can hear me out.

Thank you.

WinterSonata

Oct 22, 2018
It would help if you told us why you were rejected

The reasons were:

1-Insufficient funds to support myself while in Canada (but my parents already paid the 1 year tuition fee )

2-because of my cover letter where our mistake was after studying, I plan to stay.(But now, I won't)

3-purpose of visit

4-employment prospects in current residence/ current employment status
(unemployed)

5-personal asset and financial status

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
The reasons were:

1-Insufficient funds to support myself while in Canada (but my parents already paid the 1 year tuition fee )

2-because of my cover letter where our mistake was after studying, I plan to stay.(But now, I won't)

3-purpose of visit

4-employment prospects in current residence/ current employment status
(unemployed)

5-personal asset and financial status
1. you need $10000 PLUS the first year tuition
2. If you said you plan to stay, they will now have that on record. So, you will find it hard to get approved now
3. See above. You have stated you want to stay.
4. You are unemployed, so as you have stated you want to stay, they see you as coming here to work not to study

If you apply for winter 2018, you will be rejected. I would leave it for a while.

WinterSonata

Oct 22, 2018
1. you need $10000 PLUS the first year tuition
2. If you said you plan to stay, they will now have that on record. So, you will find it hard to get approved now
3. See above. You have stated you want to stay.
4. You are unemployed, so as you have stated you want to stay, they see you as coming here to work not to study

If you apply for winter 2018, you will be rejected. I would leave it for a while.
My parents already paid the 18000 tuition fee.
I'm planning to change my letter where I will not stay anymore.
I see. But I really want to study though.

Are there other options?

I also enrolled enrolled to the GIC Program where there is a 10000 student fund in ScotiaBank for the Student Direct Stream.

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
AS I have said, you have already stated you want to stay. That was a big mistake. If you change your story, that will make it even worse. You can apply if you want, but you will be wasting your money. Wait a couple of years. Get more money and get a job. That will make your case stronger

Reactions: WinterSonata