+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning for Pregnancy (delivery) in Canada

NishiGogetter

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Hello Friends,

My wife is currently pregnant and we are going ahead with Medical tests , as expect (hope) the Visa would be available in few months.

Her expected due date is Mid Sept.

What do you think , how easy or difficult to have the delivery done in Canada (no local support , only me and my wife) if we complete the landing in say May/June 2015, as soon as Visa is available.

We can choose the landing where medicals are covered from day 1, but what about beyond that?

How easy or difficult does is this? Please suggest if this is too risky, non sense decision or a right decision.

Regards,
Nishi

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
NishiGogetter said:
Hello Friends,

My wife is currently pregnant and we are going ahead with Medical tests , as expect (hope) the Visa would be available in few months.

Her expected due date is Mid Sept.

What do you think , how easy or difficult to have the delivery done in Canada (no local support , only me and my wife) if we complete the landing in say May/June 2015, as soon as Visa is available.

We can choose the landing where medicals are covered from day 1, but what about beyond that?

How easy or difficult does is this? Please suggest if this is too risky, non sense decision or a right decision.

Regards,
Nishi

HI Nishi,

Medical test means which include X-rays test as well, Generally it not good and advisable to have x-ray test for pregnant women,
,If you skip this test, VO will ask you appear again for medicals for your wife and new born. So it better to inform VO that your wife is pregnant and they will give you time till the baby is delivered,

I am also in the same boat, my wife is 5 month pregnant and we are expecting baby in July.

takingchance

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
Nomination.....
PER: 21-02-2015
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Warsaw
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015,TLU: 10-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
X-Ray's are deemed risky in this early stage of pregnancy since the organs are still forming. I would wait till she delivers.