+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning for a move to Canada - Salary, Certification, Province

sandycan10

Aug 8, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am from Mumbai, Business analyst by profession and have 7 years of BA experience majorly into Investment banking (IB). I have total of 10 years of experience which includes Middle office and back office operations (IB). I am currently enrolled for CCBA certification (IIBA). Did M.Com and Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Market (one year).
What is the kind of salary range should I expect?

And my wife has done a Full time MBA (PG - Finance)+MCom. She now runs her own job consulting firm from home.
-Based on above details, could you please suggest me what is the scope for me or my wife finding a job in respective profession ?

-Which Provinces offer more opportunity specific to my job profile? I have cued in on New Brunswick (open for any province) , as Atlantic province are running PNP (NB currently closed for foreign national).

-I was looking at the data on CIC site and maximum # of PR issued were for NOC 2171 (2015 & 2016). Does that mean BA have a better probability of finding a job? What could be the struggle

- And learning french (me & wife) will help? Do Canada require expert level french
-Do you have any idea about the day care cost and how are they?
- How do I network with people from my profession?, any BA on this Forum?

I would really appreciate you advice on the above queries.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We can't tell you what salary you should be expecting or the chances of you / your wife finding a job. Some immigrants are successful in finding a job in their field relatively quickly, for some it takes a while, and others are never successful. It's very individual and impossible for us to guess what will happen in your case.

I wouldn't say that BAs have a better chance of finding a job. Masters degrees are valued.

The Atlantic provinces have lower populations and generally fewer jobs. If you're looking for banking / consulting - the jobs are concentrated in Toronto.

Day care costs vary depending on where you live. In Toronto, they are usually in the range of $1,000 to $1,500 per month.

I wouldn't bother with French.

Reactions: sandycan10

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree that you should focus on the Toronto area. Eastern Canada will not have the job opportunities you are looking for. In Toronto I would say $1500/month for daycare is average. If it is a home daycare could be less I have also seen higher. Getting a daycare spot often takes some time so don't wait until the last minute. Financial services jobs are very competitive. You are coming from well-established positions without Canadian or US experience which makes things more difficult for. If you have any contacts in the industry in Canada I would try and connect with them. Networking will be very important. Unless you work for the government or live in Quebec you don;t need French.

Reactions: sandycan10