+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plan to invest with Proof of fund

Jan 11, 2020
Hello,

I need serious guidance on this issue. I am currently in the pool with 449 and waiting IELTS and wife's result to increase my score.

I currently live in Europe and I plan to use my mortgage deposit (which is in my account) as proof of funds.

Now, the question is for how long will I have to keep this amount in my bank account?

I plan to use the money as proof of funds and leave it in my account until I land I Canada as I hear I will be asked for proof of funds when I do my landing

When I get my PR card, I will return to Europe and invest the money in buying a house there.

Can I do this?

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello,

I need serious guidance on this issue. I am currently in the pool with 449 and waiting IELTS and wife's result to increase my score.

I currently live in Europe and I plan to use my mortgage deposit (which is in my account) as proof of funds.

Now, the question is for how long will I have to keep this amount in my bank account?

I plan to use the money as proof of funds and leave it in my account until I land I Canada as I hear I will be asked for proof of funds when I do my landing

When I get my PR card, I will return to Europe and invest the money in buying a house there.

Can I do this?
If the amount you have in your account is your saving to buy a house, yes you can use it as proof of funds. There is no stipulation to keep the money in your account all the time, you can use it and when you have can it again, deposit back again. but make sure that when you are landing you are carrying a latest bank statement which shows the proof of funds in your account

Jan 11, 2020
If the amount you have in your account is your saving to buy a house, yes you can use it as proof of funds. There is no stipulation to keep the money in your account all the time, you can use it and when you have can it again, deposit back again. but make sure that when you are landing you are carrying a latest bank statement which shows the proof of funds in your account
Thanks a lot for this reply.

So I understand now that I must have this proof of funds in my account until I land.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.