+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plan to deliver baby in canada

kabiyesi

Aug 20, 2018
hello guys,
can you help with family doctor or other referral to assist my wife with delivering our baby in Canada.
we reside in Nigeria and plan to have our baby in Canada.
thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello guys,
can you help with family doctor or other referral to assist my wife with delivering our baby in Canada.
thanks
You will need to be in Canada before you can find a doctor.

Do you already have approved TRVs to come to Canada? Do you have the funds available to pay for the delivery? You should have at least $10,000 set aside - although the costs could be substantially higher if there are complications.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hello guys,
thanks
Considering the surge in asylum claims from Nigerians, your first and biggest hurdle, IMO, would be to be approved for TRVs

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hello guys,
thanks
An obvious question would be "Why?". It won't help you get to Canada as Permanent Residents for many (22+) years, and that's only if you are lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanna

kabiyesi

Aug 20, 2018
You will need to be in Canada before you can find a doctor.

Do you already have approved TRVs to come to Canada? Do you have the funds available to pay for the delivery? You should have at least $10,000 set aside - although the costs could be substantially higher if there are complications.
Not at present.planning to pick one,but thinking i would need ob/gyn letter to show with application

kabiyesi

Aug 20, 2018
An obvious question would be "Why?". It won't help you get to Canada as Permanent Residents for many (22+) years, and that's only if you are lucky.
Mt request for a family doctor is to get the necessary documents that my wife wants to put to bed.we don`t plan to settle down in Canada yet.just have the baby and leave

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not at present.planning to pick one,but thinking i would need ob/gyn letter to show with application
If you include this information with the TRV, you're guaranteeing the TRV is going to be refused.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
but at point of entry,how will she successfully gain entry to the country,seeing she is pregnant
She will be question on why she is visiting and how much funds she has during her visit. IMO, she will be denied entry because CBSA officers are now trained to detect tourists such as your wife taking advantage of the immigration system to give Canadian Citizenship to your baby.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
but at point of entry,how will she successfully gain entry to the country,seeing she is pregnant
She needs a valid TRV to board the airplane for Canada. She will not be allowed on the airplane without a TRV. To be approved for a TRV, you must show that you have very strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. If you say that you are coming to Canada to have a baby, this will sound like you have plans to remain in Canada long term and IRCC will refuse the application.

Even with an approved TRV, it's still possible to be refused entry at the border if CBSA officials have concerns you have plans to remain in Canada long term.

This is why coming to Canada to give birth as a visitor is very difficult and also risky.

kabiyesi

Aug 20, 2018
She will be question on why she is visiting and how much funds she has during her visit. IMO, she will be denied entry because CBSA officers are now trained to detect tourists such as your wife taking advantage of the immigration system to give Canadian Citizenship to your baby.

pls what do you advise we do.......to be candid,our aim is to secure Canadian citizenship ,if not in the immediate but future.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Apply for economic immigration. Send your child to Canada for post-secondary education. You could be liable for 1 million dollars or more in medical costs if you your child ends up in the NICU.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
pls what do you advise we do.......to be candid,our aim is to secure Canadian citizenship ,if not in the immediate but future.
Well i advise against this strongly, because first of all it will be very expensive for you to have your birth here if you are not covered by any health insurance. Secondly, most hospitals may deny accepting your wife as a patient because you have lack of insurance and they don't want to take risks if you decide to pay cash during your stay. Lastly, not all pregnancies will go smoothly. How are you going to cover if something happens to your wife and the baby?

Unless you are really rich and can afford over 1 million dollars of medical care then by all means go ahead but this is not a feasible plan as IRCC keep records of entry by all foreign visitors so your chances of visiting Canada in the future will be difficult if they find out that you are doing this.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
For just the child or for you as well? As I said before, it will be a very long time before you can benefit in any way from having an "anchor baby" in Canada.

A lot can happen between now and then as different governments change the rules, perhaps to block exactly what you are attempting to do...

kabiyesi

Aug 20, 2018
For just the child or for you as well? As I said before, it will be a very long time before you can benefit in any way from having an "anchor baby" in Canada.

A lot can happen between now and then as different governments change the rules, perhaps to block exactly what you are attempting to do...
ok guys,so we would apply for visiting,enjoy ourselves and return back to motherland.
so the next question would be how to apply successfully for a visiting visa