+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pictures, plane, stubs, calling cards – what to send and how?

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
I have asked about “evidence” in the past. But after reading a few old posts I came up with a few more questions. I tried to not be a pain and make a new post, but the forum flashed red when I replied to the old topic and suggested I start a new topic. So here it is!:

-Can I send evidence of my phone cards, if I scan them? Say if I scan them with the pin showing, so they can see each card is different, and I am not just scanning the same over and over again? That way the IO can see why we wouldn't have as many phone bills? I also have a letter from the calling card company saying they won't give me the phone records, so I could attach this with the phone cards. I know they ask not to have calling cards but I had read that some people DO send them.

-Also is there a specific way to write on the backs of photos? I have been saying, for example: Kate and Agim on the gondola with some friends in Tirana Albania. Must I instead refer to us as the sponsor and applicant? In the older posts I have read others referred to themselves this way? Also are photos where its myself with my husband’s family, or friends okay? Even if he’s not in the photos? Are kissing photos plain tacky to send along? Photos with us showing our wedding bands, even if our heads aren’t in the photo?

-Also can I scan things like my plane stubs? That way a bunch of loose little stubs are floating around. And I don’t have the stubs from older flights as I assumed I would never need them, for these can I send the email confirmation from the airline and then scan the pages of my passport showing stamps?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer my questions!
Sorry for the absurd amount of posts I make, and questions I ask! I really appreciate all the help and answers though!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
katie3234 said:
-Can I send evidence of my phone cards, if I scan them? Say if I scan them with the pin showing, so they can see each card is different, and I am not just scanning the same over and over again? That way the IO can see why we wouldn't have as many phone bills? I also have a letter from the calling card company saying they won't give me the phone records, so I could attach this with the phone cards. I know they ask not to have calling cards but I had read that some people DO send them.
Usually the visa officers don't pay much attention to phone cards. However, there is no harm in trying. One poster on the forum had hers accepted as evidence - she photocopied or scanned all of them with the pin showing, and included evidence showing how much it would have cost to use her regular land line to make calls to ___ instead. Attach the letter to - this shows you at least tried to get the records.
-Also is there a specific way to write on the backs of photos? I have been saying, for example: Kate and Agim on the gondola with some friends in Tirana Albania. Must I instead refer to us as the sponsor and applicant? In the older posts I have read others referred to themselves this way? Also are photos where its myself with my husband's family, or friends okay? Even if he's not in the photos? Are kissing photos plain tacky to send along? Photos with us showing our wedding bands, even if our heads aren't in the photo?
Referring to yourself and your spouse as the applicant and sponsor is fine, as is using your own names. Photos of you with your husband's family and friends, but without him, are also fine - they show that the relationship is known to his family and friends, and that you have met them, which is evidence of a genuine relationship according to CIC. A photo of your hands is fine. Photos of you two kissing are OK too - one reason the visa officer gave for thinking my marriage is fake is that the photos weren't romantic. However, don't go too far - they are suspicious if you include naked photos or photos of the two of you in bed.
-Also can I scan things like my plane stubs? That way a bunch of loose little stubs are floating around. And I don't have the stubs from older flights as I assumed I would never need them, for these can I send the email confirmation from the airline and then scan the pages of my passport showing stamps?
Any proof of your travel is fine. Scanning the stubs is better than just sending the originals - small scraps of paper might get lost, and a few A4 size sheets of paper will be easier for the visa officer to understand than a handful of boarding passes.

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Thank you very much of your prompt response! And you answered all my questions. Feel better about it already; especially knowing it’s worth a shot including my calling cards! Thank you for taking the time to help me out! : )

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
1. Calling cards won't hurt, and the letter would be excellent. Do you have other forms of communication evidence? Phone calls aren't are strong point either, but we've got a million texts.

2. On our photos, we have both. For example: xxx xxx (Sponsor), xxx xxx (Sponsor's Step-Brother) and xxx xxx (Applicant) sitting outside of ...

3. We scanned our plane tickets and passport stamps and the like too. I scanned everything, even trip itineraries and things! I did this so the headers would stay consistent instead of using post-it notes.

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
for our photos i wrote on each one the name, if they were sponsor/brother/sister etc, where they were taken, why they were taken and when they were taken. i only wrote their relationship for the first one of each event (mine were grouped into birthdays/wedding etc) Then i also included a table showing all of the people listed in the photos and a full description of their relationship to me or my husband - then put that at the front of the photos :)

For the last thing i'd agree to scan everything, i scanned valentines cards, cinema tickets from things i'd mentioned, plane tickets, online reciepts for booking the flights (which i found i had more of), hotel reciepts, birthday cards from each other, passport stamps, and from my family to him etc.

I can send you a copy of my full inventory in a message if you want so you know the evidence i included?

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Great, thank you everyone for the information! Somehow today I managed to stumble upon old photos of my husband and I on CD’s that had been deleted from the memory card .... I thought they were lost forever. And when I tried printing them off my facebook it came out looking like a giant blob! So I’m feeling slightly better about things knowing I will have photos from when he and I first met, with my friends, with his friends, and then of course if I can scan my calling cards! I feel like everything is coming together. Can’t wait to finally send everything off – I don’t know if it will be a relief and put an end to the stress of filling everything out, and gathering things or be more stressful wondering how it’s going! Either way, thank you everyone!

Silver_Spirit – That would be fabulous if you could send me a copy of your full inventory, very thoughtful of you. Thank you!

concrete

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
05-01-2011
wait

are we supposed to send original copies of birthday cards, ticket stubs, etc...? or would they prefer scanned copies?

thanks in advance for anyone who can answer

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Katie - no problem i'll get on that now :) Also consider asking your friends if they have any old photos of the two of you stashed on their hard drives, my friends had a few they put on facebook, deleted and then promptly forgot about but managed to dig up for me :) It was a big help as i didnt have much for the first few years of our relationship!

Concrete - Scans are fine, if you send the origionals you may not get them back! I was lucky and London returned my photographs but they were duplicates that i wasnt too worried about if i didnt see them again.

Stacey

May 21, 2010
Hi Silver_Spirit ,
Based on your statistic, visa office asked you for Documents in March and request for passposrt was sent in June. Did they ask you for additional info before they sent a request for passport?

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Hey Stacey, nope after i had the request for the psych analysis i didn't hear anything else from them until i got some photos returned to me, and then a passport request a bit after that

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Wow thank you all! One of the forms (can’t remember which off the top of my head) It asks which friends and family of the applicant the sponsor has met. Since I have met every friend and family member of my husband would it be best just write his immediate family members names? Or should I attach a separate sheet outlining grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins & friends that I have met as well?

Silver_Spirit – I have been busy pestering all my friends and family, and his! Lol. I think they must all dread when I call or email as they know I will be pestering them for photos, letters of support, and things like that. haha.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Katie - same story! We met everyone. So. We put family and relatives and best friends (those at the wedding) first... but chronological order came first. So when he first came to visit, it was Feb 22 2007 and we worked from there. We had 2 additional pages for each one. We used Microsoft Works but added a table which looked just like the table on the form. (Name, Relation, Date).

As the header, we put this:

QUESTION #11:
“Did your sponsor meet any of your close friends or family?”

ANSWER:
While my Sponsor was still living in the United States he came up to visit me in xxx for a week from xxx to xxx. This was our first meeting. During his stay here, he met my entire immediate family, a good handful of friends and some of my work associates as well as my employer. After living together in xxxx for a year (from xx to xx) we moved to my home town of xxx where we lived together with my immediate family until xxx. Because we lived together in xxx for almost a year where all of my friends and family reside, xxx (Sponsor) was able to meet everyone close to me. He went to family gatherings and friends’ houses. It is difficult to remember and list everyone given the long time span he resided with us.

On the next page following this is also the continuing table of family and friends xxx (SPONSOR) met while visiting and living in xxx. Again, it is a summarization, as given his time span in xxx, it is difficult to list every individual he met, but I hope this will answer the question sufficiently.

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
I agree with nyssa, i'd try to put everyone on there because lets face it, it cant hurt your case showing hes met -everyone-!
I think i only put the immidiate family my hubby met on his visits but i also hadn't found this forum at that point, otherwise i probably would have listed everyone :p

Im sure they don't dread your calls - my family were just thrilled that they could be a part of something that was so important to me

Stacey

May 21, 2010
Hi Silver Spirit! Thank you for you response!
Could you please explain what is Request Psych Analysis?

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
In mym medical they weren't satisfied that i was completely healthy mentally therefore they later requested that i go to a psychiatrist and get a report to say i was fine :) That's the only document i had requested of me throughout the process (except my passport obviously ;))