+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pick up PR Card in person

Gxt1012

Jul 23, 2019
Hi everyone, so i have been asked to pick up my pr card in person. This is my situation: i immigrated to Canada in 1996 as a permanent resident and received a record of landing. After staying in Canada for3 years I went back to India in 1999 and never came back to Canada. My wife and children who are canadian citizens accompanied me during this time in India. I decided to come back to Canada in 2018 and applied for PRTD (as I was accompanying a canadian citizen spouse). I got my prtd in Nov 2018 as a single entry and came to canada in May 2019. After coming back i applied for my PR Card. Now the thing is I have been asked to come in person to pick up the card. I am just concerned if there will be any issues (as I understand they must have already determined that i meet residency obligation because i was granted a prtd), can they still ask me questions about my residency obligation and if yes what documents should i bring to prove that i was accompanying my canadian spouse. Also, i dont have my original record of landing with me (i have applied for a replacement) and they have asked me to bring that with me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone, so i have been asked to pick up my pr card in person. This is my situation: i immigrated to Canada in 1996 as a permanent resident and received a record of landing. After staying in Canada for3 years I went back to India in 1999 and never came back to Canada. My wife and children who are canadian citizens accompanied me during this time in India. I decided to come back to Canada in 2018 and applied for PRTD (as I was accompanying a canadian citizen spouse). I got my prtd in Nov 2018 as a single entry and came to canada in May 2019. After coming back i applied for my PR Card. Now the thing is I have been asked to come in person to pick up the card. I am just concerned if there will be any issues (as I understand they must have already determined that i meet residency obligation because i was granted a prtd), can they still ask me questions about my residency obligation and if yes what documents should i bring to prove that i was accompanying my canadian spouse. Also, i dont have my original record of landing with me (i have applied for a replacement) and they have asked me to bring that with me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!
Yes, they can review your residency again. Whether or not they will depends on a number of factors, such as if you have been back outside Canada since you applied. If you have not left Canada, it's unlikely that they will reassess you unless you can't provide the documents they ask for at the PR card pickup. They should give you a list of the items you need to bring.

Gxt1012

Jul 23, 2019
Yes, they can review your residency again. Whether or not they will depends on a number of factors, such as if you have been back outside Canada since you applied. If you have not left Canada, it's unlikely that they will reassess you unless you can't provide the documents they ask for at the PR card pickup. They should give you a list of the items you need to bring.
Thank you!

These are the documents they asked for:

In order for your PR Card to be issued, please bring the following with you:

· this notice as you may not be able to access IRCC without it;

· your Permanent Resident Card, if you currently hold one;

· your original passport or your valid passport or your Single Journey Travel Document*;

· the original or certified true copy of your Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) or other permanent resident document; and

· One piece of identification (e.g. driver’s license, provincial identity or health card)

· your spouse MUST accompany you to this appointment and must provide proof of Canadian Citizenship (Please note: you will not be able to pick up your PR Card if your spouse does not accompany you);

· proof of cohabitation abroad with your Canadian Citizen spouse during the relevant five year period.

· If a Visa Office has determined that you complied with the residency obligation you are required to produce the original Permanent Resident Travel Document issued by that Visa Office.

My only concern is about record of landing. I dont have the original record of landing. Is it enough to tell them that i have applied for replacement.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you!

These are the documents they asked for:

In order for your PR Card to be issued, please bring the following with you:

· this notice as you may not be able to access IRCC without it;

· your Permanent Resident Card, if you currently hold one;

· your original passport or your valid passport or your Single Journey Travel Document*;

· the original or certified true copy of your Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) or other permanent resident document; and

· One piece of identification (e.g. driver’s license, provincial identity or health card)

· your spouse MUST accompany you to this appointment and must provide proof of Canadian Citizenship (Please note: you will not be able to pick up your PR Card if your spouse does not accompany you);

· proof of cohabitation abroad with your Canadian Citizen spouse during the relevant five year period.

· If a Visa Office has determined that you complied with the residency obligation you are required to produce the original Permanent Resident Travel Document issued by that Visa Office.

My only concern is about record of landing. I dont have the original record of landing. Is it enough to tell them that i have applied for replacement.
No, you will need the record of landing. If you don't have it yet, you can contact them and tell them that you are waiting to get a replacement.