+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physician, CRS 450. Looking for a PNP.

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hello,
I'm a physician with an interest in digital health/health information systems. Therefore, I don't intend to practice or get licensed in Canada. I'm basically self-employed in this field and won't be looking for job offers until a couple of years of settling in Canada. My current FWS is 450s. Which hasn't made any draws prior to Dec. 2020.

I started looking for PNP non-job offer streams, and I stumbled upon:

- BC's PNP international post-graduate stream: The health majors they specified do not suit me. Master of Public health is a double-qualification for me, and the health information degree offered by Uvic is online which is not acceptable in this stream.

- Ontario's PNP graduate stream: I was told this stream is very competitive because, unlike BC PNP, they don't look at your major and accept any Ontario graduate from their universities' list. I've read somewhere that this stream closes after 10 minutes of applying.

I'm kindly asking if there're any other PNP programs that either look for CRS of 450s and may show them interest, or graduate stream besides these two.

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Your focus is on Express Entry where you don’t need a license.
Hi Naturgrl <3
Will do. I've got my credential assessed by the MCC, and IETLS is pretty good. I'm reluctant to fully complete my EE and get into the pool now since EE draws are yet to be resumed and we got pretty decent EEs in the > 470s range. When they resume EE draws and the backlog decongests, I'll go in.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl <3
Will do. I've got my credential assessed by the MCC, and IETLS is pretty good. I'm reluctant to fully complete my EE and get into the pool now since EE draws are yet to be resumed and we got pretty decent EEs in the > 470s range. When they resume EE draws and the backlog decongests, I'll go in.
That makes no sense. You should not delay. If you have 470s you should be in the pool now. There is no reason to wait. People by thousands enter the pool monthly. There is discussion that with the new NOC structure that IRCC will change EE and focus on specific NOCs that are in demand. So don’t wait.

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
That makes no sense. You should not delay. If you have 470s you should be in the pool now. There is no reason to wait. People by thousands enter the pool monthly. There is discussion that with the new NOC structure that IRCC will change EE and focus on specific NOCs that are in demand. So don’t wait.
Hi,
Okay, but isn't it true that my EE profile expires after one year? I'm concerned that getting into the pool now when no draws were held for a better part of the year just drains my EE annual time period without knowing when draws resume. Am I making sense?

Btw, I'm 450, not 470. I was referring to the pool being backlogged with 470s that it may take time for the cut-off point to decrease.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Okay, but isn't it true that my EE profile expires after one year? I'm concerned that getting into the pool now when no draws were held for a better part of the year just drains my EE annual time period without knowing when draws resume. Am I making sense?

Btw, I'm 450, not 470. I was referring to the pool being backlogged with 470s that it may take time for the cut-off point to decrease.
Then you just reapply, it costs no money. You hurt your chances without being in the pool. As of today there are 42,000 in the pool with scores of 451-500 and that number will not go down. It will only go up in the coming months as people wait for draws to resume.

Program draws have not been below 450 since 2019. And they may not come down that low for quite some time.

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Hi,

I'm sorry but you seem to have to a warped understanding of what it means to be in the EE pool. There is no ''EE annual time period''. You can keep creating even a thousand EE profiles if you have the inclination and time after the one year is up. But you hurt your chances if any (or negate them totally) if you don't enter the pool asap. Even if the FSW draws resume, 450s are unlikely to be invited looking at the current scenario where there are more people in 470+ score range. Atleast by being in the pool, you can keep your chances of getting a PNP invite open. Good luck!

Reactions: Naturgrl

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
I'm sorry but you seem to have to a warped understanding of what it means to be in the EE pool. There is no ''EE annual time period''. You can keep creating even a thousand EE profiles if you have the inclination and time after the one year is up. But you hurt your chances if any (or negate them totally) if you don't enter the pool asap. Even if the FSW draws resume, 450s are unlikely to be invited looking at the current scenario where there are more people in 470+ score range. Atleast by being in the pool, you can keep your chances of getting a PNP invite open. Good luck!
Thank you for clarifying! I indeed have misunderstood the structure behind EE. I'm getting in as soon as my ECA arrives. Unfortunately, my job is regulated (Physician) which is unlikely to get PNPs, that's what I've been told from numerous sources. I'll do my best to be in the up 460s and hope to get picked up.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for clarifying! I indeed have misunderstood the structure behind EE. I'm getting in as soon as my ECA arrives. Unfortunately, my job is regulated (Physician) which is unlikely to get PNPs, that's what I've been told from numerous sources. I'll do my best to be in the up 460s and hope to get picked up.
If you want to get chosen through FSW/Express Entry, you need to aim for a score of 470+.

I think it's unlikely anything below 470 is going to be selected in the near future.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi,
I kept thinking about what you said. Do you think it makes sense to get into the pool now when my profession is regulated and won't receive a PNP (I'm not planning to get licensed either way), and my CRS is 464?

The only thing that's drawing me back is that my IETLS is expired. Getting another 8777 is going to require work, I'm afraid to do it and get into the pool only to have my IELTS expire again before they even resume, or they may resume and spend a couple of years clearing the 470+ backlog.

I was thinking to wait till 1/they officially resume FSW and 2/giving them some time to clear up the pool a little up. There is no chance for me to score 470 no matter what I did.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
One IELTS exam every two years is a small cost. If 8777 requires work from you, that means you can potentially get more points by reaching CLB 10 in instead of CLB 9.

There is no chance for me to score 470 no matter what I did.
It comes down to how much you value EE or immigration in general and how prepared you want to be. In most cases the amount of effort it takes is acceptable.

My own anecdote: I had CRS 463 despite straight CLB 10s in IELTS, so I decided to study French to get another 6-10 points for FSW. Just when I got somewhere between A2 and B1 in French, OINP came to save my day, which I wasn’t really anticipating.

Not saying you should count on a particular PNP program, but there are more potential paths than one would think.

Last edited:

Thirty30

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
One IELTS exam every two years is a small cost. If 8777 requires work from you, that means you can potentially get more points by reaching CLB 10 in instead of CLB 9.

It comes down to how much you value EE or immigration in general and how prepared you want to be. In most cases the amount of effort it takes is acceptable.

My own anecdote: I had CRS 463 despite straight CLB 10s in IELTS, so I decided to study French to get another 6-10 points for FSW. Just when I got somewhere between A2 and B1 in French, OINP came to save my day, which I wasn’t really anticipating.

Not saying you should count on a particular PNP program, but there are more potential paths than one would think.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It must've felt great getting that PNP out of nowhere. May I ask if your NOC was regulated at the time of creating your EE profile?

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It must've felt great getting that PNP out of nowhere. May I ask if your NOC was regulated at the time of creating your EE profile?
NOC is 2173 (computer programmer or so), not regulated.

Yes, getting OINP eliminated lots of uncertainty and mental burden. My alternative to learning French was to forgo spouse accompany, and then go for sponsorship to reunite. This was Dec 2020 — soon after that FSW stopped drawing, so neither non-accompany or French would have worked for me in 2021.

The lesson I learned is to do whatever that makes sense (like getting in the pool) because you never know what ends up in your favor.