+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical residence less than 1095 and non routin procedure

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
I am waiting for the final step ..the oath letter...which soon I will post here

Think. If they would not grant a positive decision ever , why would this exception be permitted under the law for the minister to wave the 1095 physical days in exceptional circumstances.?????...that would make no sense.

I will soon post my victory. The man creates the law. But the universal law and final decision is ran and administered by GOD.

good luck to all

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
SherifEF just apply …….you can like you said……and you are within the category too.but most people are afraid of getting rejected, also the delays ( which probably will ) , and get RQ, probably will…….

BUT IN THE WORST CASE…………you can reapply in the right time if you have a NEGATIVE OUTCOME.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
I am waiting for the final step ..the oath letter...which soon I will post here

Think. If they would not grant a positive decision ever , why would this exception be permitted under the law for the minister to wave the 1095 physical days in exceptional circumstances.?????...that would make no sense.

I will soon post my victory. The man creates the law. But the universal law and final decision is ran and administered by GOD.

good luck to all
You are "waiting" for oath letter? When did you take the test? You know you could still get an RQ and see a judge even after you taken the test?

You know the only ones I know that got the citizenship with less than 1095 days are the ones that were denied and ended up filing an appeal with the courts, which took 1-2 years. I would say only about half of them won after long battles with the court. Thats not to mention the time it took for their applications with CIC before the courts, like 2-3 years maybe? So is it worth it?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
SherifEF said:
The reason for applying early before meeting 1095 days is I am working in Canadian company and the customer in US so I had to fly and visit them at least a week per month. I live here in canada with My wife and kids. I have about 100 days absence for the last four years. i have a letter from the company listing all business trips and confirming that the company was sending me to US since the customer is there. I have all the evidence that my home is here in canada, and my accommodation in US was in a temporary basis and I can attach the hotel bills and car rental bills too. I am planning to apply by next May, where my physical address will be 1060 days, if I wait until 1095 days, the new law will be in force, and I have to wait 2 more years. Hope my case is clear now.
Applying with less than 1095 days is something they will allow in cases where you clearly live in Canada but are unable to clock the required days of physical presence. In this case, you don't seem to be unable to reach the required number of days of physical presence, you just simply don't wish to let the process run its course since you might end up having to deal with the new law. I seriously doubt they will accept this excuse and even if they do, they will be very slow getting there and you're going to be stuck in CIC hell for much longer than you would if you waited. Even if you had to deal with C-24.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CanV said:
You are "waiting" for oath letter? When did you take the test? You know you could still get an RQ and see a judge even after you taken the test?

You know the only ones I know that got the citizenship with less than 1095 days are the ones that were denied and ended up filing an appeal with the courts, which took 1-2 years. I would say only about half of them won after long battles with the court. Thats not to mention the time it took for their applications with CIC before the courts, like 2-3 years maybe? So is it worth it?
amazing21 already received an RQ and I believe it's been six months since the citizenship interview. So yes - a refusal is still entirely possible.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
hi i just wanted to finally tell that those who doubted my case and point of view were absolutely wrong ! GUESS WHAT?

I AM FINALLY A CANADIAN CITIZEN !!!!!! :p

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
amazing21 said:
hi i just wanted to finally tell that those who doubted my case and point of view were absolutely wrong ! GUESS WHAT?

Congratulations on completing your journey.

SherifEF

Aug 4, 2014
@Amazing21, would you pls share your timeline? Did you receive RQ? And how's your interview experience ?
I had applied with less than 1095, and the status currently is in process.

Watu

Jul 9, 2015
amazing21 said:

Congratulation Amazing21. I like Hero who defeat the opponent

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
SherifEF said:
@Amazing21, would you pls share your timeline? Did you receive RQ? And how's your interview experience ?
I had applied with less than 1095, and the status currently is in process.
SherifEF did you apply in less than 1095 days.

SherifEF

Aug 4, 2014
Yes, as The company I am working in has been sending me to many business trips to US which is out of my control.

amazingTOO

Oct 21, 2015
amazing21 said:

You did a good job, we are on the same boat, those who discourage us actually helped us, otherwise there would be many cases will need to be kooed.
By the way, when did you get rq,after test?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Some clarifications, observations, and cautions:

(regarding shortfall applications)

Clarification:

Applying with less than 1095 days is something they will allow in cases where you clearly live in Canada but are unable to clock the required days of physical presence.
Probably well understood that this is no longer true, but given that this was recently stated in present tense, it needs to be made clear this no longer applies. Any possibility of being granted citizenship based on applying with less than 1095 days is limited to applications submitted prior to June 11, 2015.

Observation:

The outcome of individual cases indicates a possible outcome, not necessarily a likely outcome, let alone a probable outcome. One person's success offers another hope, but is not really much of an indicator as to how it will go for another shortfall applicant. Similarly, one person's denial does not mean there is no chance of success for another.

It should be widely understood by now that shortfall applications have a high risk of denial. This does not mean all shortfall applicants will be denied. Indeed, as noted above, there are reports of some being successful. But it does mean that the odds are not good.

What makes the biggest difference is rooted in the particular facts and circumstances of the individual case. These vary greatly. Thus the ultimate outcome of these cases varies greatly.

Caution:

Even just two days short can be fatal, can result in the denial of the application.

Indeed, even if a CJ approves a shortfall applicant, CIC can appeal, and has appealed many CJ decisions to grant citizenship.

There is in fact a very recent case in which the applicant fell just two days short, the CJ approved citizenship, but CIC successfully appealed.

In his decision, Justice Michel Shore concluded "The Court observes that the Respondent may re-apply for citizenship if she so wishes."

This is a July 2015 decision (but only just recently published) by Justice Shore regarding an appeal by the Minister regarding Venera Demurova. It illustrates the observation I made above about the effect that particular factors and circumstances can have.

It also illustrates the extent to which CIC can critically dissect the formal requisites of the decision, as the CJ in this case failed to properly specify proper reasons for granting approval and CIC leveraged this into grounds upon which the Federal Court could grant CIC's appeal even though the crux of the case was really the fact that CIC disagreed with the CJ's decision (which in itself is not a sufficient ground for granting the appeal).

There are some anomalies in this case. For example, CIC focused on the applicant's failure to declare a trip to Turkey, but that trip (referenced as an "undeclared entry/exit stamp from Turkey" occurred in the course of a trip that was declared. And the applicant had clarified this in her response to RQ. Nonetheless this was among challenges raised by CIC.

Technically, instructions for the residency calculator stated that trips to additional countries, while abroad, should be noted in the box for explaining reason or purpose for the trip. But this is not a failure to declare an absence.

In any event, it appears that CIC had substantial concerns about the credibility of this individual and that was probably the main motivation for challenging residency, referring the case for a CJ referral, and appealing the CJ's decision. The two day shortfall is merely the technical hook the negative decision could be based upon.

But it does indeed illustrate that a two day shortfall can be the basis for denying a pre-June-11-2015 application.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
I am happy for amazing21 about his case and others who passed with less number of days. But I agree with some of the comments that it is really not worth applying with less days! Had I known about this forum before I wouldn't have applied it in under any circumstances.

I am in similar situation, passed my test in Aug 15 after two and half years wait with short days of almost 180 days due to constant travel. I am not sure when am scheduled for CJ hearing. Though the file atleast moved fast from Mississauga to Montreal and then now it is in Scarborough within 3 months time.
Not sure how long it will be waiting before final CJ hearing? Especially I see some applicants who applied in Oct 14 and got his citizenship in July 15 even after failing the test one time... I mean he appeared another time after the wait period.

So people with less than 1095 days its a long wait wait uncertainty... Including myself!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Exports said:
I am happy for amazing21 about his case and others who passed with less number of days. But I agree with some of the comments that it is really not worth applying with less days! Had I known about this forum before I wouldn't have applied it in under any circumstances.

I am in similar situation, passed my test in Aug 15 after two and half years wait with short days of almost 180 days due to constant travel. I am not sure when am scheduled for CJ hearing. Though the file atleast moved fast from Mississauga to Montreal and then now it is in Scarborough within 3 months time.
Not sure how long it will be waiting before final CJ hearing? Especially I see some applicants who applied in Oct 14 and got his citizenship in July 15 even after failing the test one time... I mean he appeared another time after the wait period.

So people with less than 1095 days its a long wait wait uncertainty... Including myself!

Working in consulting sector and been busy I used services of well know immigration consultant, located at West Finch, Toronto GTA to apply for my citizenship. Unfortunately, he miscalculated the minimum required days and submitted application with less than 2 months.

After waited for 4 years processing and then 6 months for Citizenship Judge's hearing, despite tons of proof of strong ties to the country.
Citizenship judge told, he it very busy and dont want to review the documents, literally forced me to withdraw the application and re-apply.

Please DO NOT apply with less than required number of days. Its extremely risky, waste of your time as outcome of majority cases is negative. May be in rare cases and with strong legal representation it could help but no guarantee.

Overseas employment with private companies is NOT considered as a valid reason for exemption, unless one had worked directly for Canadian Government agencies. Honest advise, dont take a chance !!!