+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
Hello,

1. I applied in August 2020 for citizenship.
  2. Got AOR in Jan 2021
  3. Requested for fingerprints in Jul 2021
  4. Completed Citizenship in Jan 2022
  5. No progress in my application and had to get a lawyer send a mandamus in October 2022
  6. Got requested for second finger print in October 2022 ( since the first one got expired)
  7. November 2022 REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE regrading my physical presence ( Asked for all my passport copies and stamps)
  8. Case processing agent pointed out that I did not declare 3 travels which adds to total of 12 days.
  9. Case processing agent said he will send me an invite for an interview next week
After reviewing my application I noticed that I did not add any buffer for my physical calculation which since I forgot to declare those 12 days I will fall short and not meeting the physical presence requirement. My question is since I will get an interview invite next week what should i expect? I am preparing myself for worst case but I am also thinking since It has been 2 years and a half since I filed my application and I did my citizenship test is there any chance IRCC shows any compassion and grant my citizenship or they will reject my application? I am wondering if they can return the application at this point since it has been 2 years and a half? Anyone had the same experience! I am so anxious and any help will help a lot with my mental health.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

1. I applied in August 2020 for citizenship.
  2. Got AOR in Jan 2021
  3. Requested for fingerprints in Jul 2021
  4. Completed Citizenship in Jan 2022
  5. No progress in my application and had to get a lawyer send a mandamus in October 2022
  6. Got requested for second finger print in October 2022 ( since the first one got expired)
  7. November 2022 REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE regrading my physical presence ( Asked for all my passport copies and stamps)
  8. Case processing agent pointed out that I did not declare 3 travels which adds to total of 12 days.
  9. Case processing agent said he will send me an invite for an interview next week
After reviewing my application I noticed that I did not add any buffer for my physical calculation which since I forgot to declare those 12 days I will fall short and not meeting the physical presence requirement. My question is since I will get an interview invite next week what should i expect? I am preparing myself for worst case but I am also thinking since It has been 2 years and a half since I filed my application and I did my citizenship test is there any chance IRCC shows any compassion and grant my citizenship or they will reject my application? I am wondering if they can return the application at this point since it has been 2 years and a half? Anyone had the same experience! I am so anxious and any help will help a lot with my mental health.
Withdraw and reapply. There is no provision that allows IRCC to grant citizenship with fewer than the required number of residency days on the day the application is submitted. There's no point keeping this application in play any longer since refusal is guaranteed.

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
Withdraw and reapply. There is no provision that allows IRCC to grant citizenship with fewer than the required number of residency days on the day the application is submitted. There's no point keeping this application in play any longer since refusal is guaranteed.
Was it error on their end that they did not return my application at the first place? I mean 2 years and half. that was s long wait! and why did they let me to do the test then?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Was it error on their end that they did not return my application at the first place? I mean 2 years and half. that was s long wait! and why did they let me to do the test then?
The error was on your end in submitting the application without having the required number of days at the time the application was sent. Onus is on the applicant to make sure they qualify at the time they apply. I know it's a crappy situation and you've waited way too long, but IRCC cannot make exceptions on the residency requirement. If you are sure you don't have at least 1095 days in the five years immediately before applying, it's going to be a refusal.

Reactions: dpenabill

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
They only return application when it's not completed. If you filled in all the forms and submitted all documents, the application is accepted and processed.

It's your reponsibility to apply after you qualified.

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
I am so sorry for all the silly questions! should I still wait for the interview and ask the case worker at the end if I should withdraw my application? I mean he said he will send me an invite for the interview next week. I am just so confused that If I should withdraw my application before the interview or ask in the interview.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am so sorry for all the silly questions! should I still wait for the interview and ask the case worker at the end if I should withdraw my application? I mean he said he will send me an invite for the interview next week. I am just so confused that If I should withdraw my application before the interview or ask in the interview.
That's not a silly question. I don't know the answer to that. Wait for others to respond on that and good luck.

skner2022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
You are lucky in some way. Submitting a paper application and you will get your passport in 6-7 months. IRCC has somehow ceased processing all online applications.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thank you ! I hope I get some advice before my interview.
Well, your interview is next week.
Yeah, you'll need to withdraw, but whether you do it today or a week from now after the interview doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things.
What you shouldn't do is to keep things drag more after the interview (and that may mean, many months after), but a few days definitely won't harm.

Sorry you had to go through this. Hoping your future application goes fast.

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
Well, your interview is next week.
Yeah, you'll need to withdraw, but whether you do it today or a week from now after the interview doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things.
What you shouldn't do is to keep things drag more after the interview (and that may mean, many months after), but a few days definitely won't harm.

Sorry you had to go through this. Hoping your future application goes fast.
Thank you! thank you for even responding! this makes me feel I am not alone