+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHYSICAL PRESENCE

OKUKUSEKU

Aug 15, 2016
Please fellow formers, my application package got returned to me without the application fees. This was the message in the letter:Upon review, it was determined that there has been an error in your physical presence calculation. Is there any one here willing to help me do the manual calculations without engaging an immigration consultant? Looks like maths is too hard for me. I have been in Canada since 2008 and became a permanent resident in 2016. Prior to that I was on work permit.

Ravinder singh

Mar 18, 2014
hello guys
i m on my way to fill up the application. one question about it is that how to determine the one or two day trip trips to states will be counted, like i have no problem in manually counting the stamps made on passports. but is there any other option we can choose, the reason why i ask because figure out on cbsa travel history link that there is a question i think 14 we can choose IRCC to collect info on our behalf from CBSA
any member please guide me in this process. which option you think is the best one as i live in surrey and lots of time we travel for a day across the border.
thanks in advance

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
hello guys
i m on my way to fill up the application. one question about it is that how to determine the one or two day trip trips to states will be counted, like i have no problem in manually counting the stamps made on passports. but is there any other option we can choose, the reason why i ask because figure out on cbsa travel history link that there is a question i think 14 we can choose IRCC to collect info on our behalf from CBSA
any member please guide me in this process. which option you think is the best one as i live in surrey and lots of time we travel for a day across the border.
thanks in advance
Any part of a day you spend in Canada is counted as a full day. If you spent a full day outside Canada, that doesn't count.

Reactions: Ravinder singh

Ravinder singh

Mar 18, 2014
Any part of a day you spend in Canada is counted as a full day. If you spent a full day outside Canada, that doesn't count.
thanks man
any idea how can i count the trips or say days(mostly 1 day) spend in states. like i have to count manually or we can authorize IRCC to collect info from CBSA on our behalf, in the application??

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
thanks man
any idea how can i count the trips or say days(mostly 1 day) spend in states. like i have to count manually or we can authorize IRCC to collect info from CBSA on our behalf, in the application??
You have to count them yourself and enter them into the physical presence calculator.

IRCC will check on your travel history with CBSA, but you can't just tell them to do it and not enter it yourself.

Ravinder singh

Mar 18, 2014
You have to count them yourself and enter them into the physical presence calculator.

IRCC will check on your travel history with CBSA, but you can't just tell them to do it and not enter it yourself.
thanks alot for reply again
got your point.
appreciate it

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019
hello guys
thanks in advance
For trips to the US you can use this link to determine your US travels in the last 5 years, its not perfect but should point out most of your trips if not all.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

NB. If you choose to use it make sure you enter every passport you used during the eligibility period to see all trips

Ravinder singh

Mar 18, 2014
For trips to the US you can use this link to determine your US travels in the last 5 years, its not perfect but should point out most of your trips if not all.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

NB. If you choose to use it make sure you enter every passport you used during the eligibility period to see all trips
thanks alot
actually problem i face now is that when i refer to that i94 site, even after entering the details about my both passports its shows that no record found for traveller. called US border protection guys, they advise me to file a ATIP, which i already did for CBSA not for USBP. so kinda middle of nowhere. just thinking about applying referring to the stamps made in my passports and through my wife's i94 traveller history(she has no problem getting the history and all of the time we travel together).
what are your thoughts about that
and one thing more after using calculator i am sitting at around 1469 days. so....

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019
thanks alot
actually problem i face now is that when i refer to that i94 site, even after entering the details about my both passports its shows that no record found for traveller. called US border protection guys, they advise me to file a ATIP, which i already did for CBSA not for USBP. so kinda middle of nowhere. just thinking about applying referring to the stamps made in my passports and through my wife's i94 traveller history(she has no problem getting the history and all of the time we travel together).
what are your thoughts about that
and one thing more after using calculator i am sitting at around 1469 days. so....
There is a process where you can obtain your accurate travel record info through a process called Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and requesting CBP entry and exit records.

https://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia/records

it'll eventually take you to this website to make the request

https://www.foiaonline.gov/foiaonline/action/public/home?utm_source=google&utm_medium=google&utm_term=(not provided)&utm_content=undefined&utm_campaign=(not set)&gclid=undefined&dclid=undefined&GAID=2071368752.1560269933?utm_source=google&utm_medium=google&utm_term=(not provided)&utm_content=undefined&utm_campaign=(not set)&gclid=undefined&dclid=undefined&GAID=2071368752.1560269933?utm_source=google&utm_medium=google&utm_term=(not provided)&utm_content=undefined&utm_campaign=(not set)&gclid=undefined&dclid=undefined&GAID=2071368752.1560269933

My understanding is that it takes a bit of time, there are other threads that discuss this in detail, feel free to search for them.