+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence Calculator Question

naaas

Jan 14, 2016
hi,
really dumb question re status: I got a student permit before I came to Canada - so do I put the date which is on the permit for when I became a temporary student, or the date when I actually came to Canada on this permit? And for the temp worker status - I started working while still on my student visa, after finished school (like everyone does), and only got WP a month later, should I put the date when I finished school or when the RP was issued?
The more I think about it the more confused I am...
Also my eligibility period starts from April 2013, but I only moved to Canada in August that year. The question is "Please list all your absences outside Canada", so should I just ignore it? Or state those whole 5 months ion my home country?
Thanks much.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Remember the rule ... your physical presence starts when you are physically present in canada and absence starts when you are physically not present in canada .... so ... dates on visa mean nothing ... canadian visa is just a permit to fly to canada but your physical presence only starts once you clear the immigration and the officer stamps on the passport.

naaas

Jan 14, 2016
Remember the rule ... your physical presence starts when you are physically present in canada and absence starts when you are physically not present in canada .... so ... dates on visa mean nothing ... canadian visa is just a permit to fly to canada but your physical presence only starts once you clear the immigration and the officer stamps on the passport.
RIght, I know that. I'm talking about permits that overlap though, not visa.