+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence Calculation with time on Implied Status

newcecapplicant

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Dear Team,

I am currently eligible for my Citizenship with over 1200 days within Canada in the last 5 years.

I have a couple of questions that may increase this timeline.
1. the first one is - do I add the implied status portions that I was waiting for a permit?

2. In 2016 I was out of status for 7 months while appealing a decision made by an officer. This decision was overturned by the courts and I received a status extension. However what do I do with the 7 months that I did not have status? Does the overturned decision count these 7 months?

I still have enough points without using these 7 months but I would like to know if I can.

thank you

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Dear Team,

I am currently eligible for my Citizenship with over 1200 days within Canada in the last 5 years.

1. the first one is - do I add the implied status portions that I was waiting for a permit? YES

2. In 2016 I was out of status for 7 months while appealing a decision made by an officer. This decision was overturned by the courts and I received a status extension. However what do I do with the 7 months that I did not have status? Does the overturned decision count these 7 months? Not sure.. mostly, you shouldn't be counting it (is my view)

I still have enough points without using these 7 months but I would like to know if I can.

thank you

Favourexpedited83

Jan 27, 2020
Dear Team,

1. the first one is - do I add the implied status portions that I was waiting for a permit?

2. In 2016 I was out of status for 7 months while appealing a decision made by an officer. This decision was overturned by the courts and I received a status extension. However what do I do with the 7 months that I did not have status? Does the overturned decision count these 7 months?

thank you
Did you get an answer for this, I have a similar case. From what I understand the time without status we do not count. The time on implied status you count. Did you get a letter stating you are out of status and need to apply to restore status within 90 days? Were you in implied for 7 months or were you out of status for 7 months?