+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION MEDICAL OFFICER QUESTIONS

Noshy

Feb 15, 2007
I had my Cesarean in December 2006 and in February 2007 I went for medical examination. Doctor asked me the question that if I had any operation in past and I told him straight Yes I had the Cesarean in December. Then he asked two more questions:
1. The name of the hospital you got operated. He noted it in his register.
2. Do You feel any pain on the stitches now after two months for which I said No.

Is there any effect of all this on my application?
Will my application be rejected for this?
Would they contact to that hospital or ask for medical records of that hospital?

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi Noshy

There is no problem at all related to your Caesarian Operation. You are good for your Immigration.

From Immigration perspective, the CIC only sees if you carry a disease that can be transmitted to other canadians, the applicant is rejected (in your case, no).

They also forsee if you are a burden on Canadian Health System (extra care on your health), in that case they reject you.

When they reject you, they normally don't say that but they ask you to go for further tests, then they wait and ask for more test and the meantime your medicals expire and then you have to re-start your medicals again. Then the times comes that they would ask you to apply again for immigration.

You get so much frustrated that eventually you give up coming to Canada.

In your case, you dont have to worry about anything. You are OK

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi Noshy

You should not be worried at all; you did the right thing, responding the truth. So you should not have any problem about it

The questions asked by the doctor always are very similar, my wife had two caesareans and even we had the medicals almost 4 years after the last one the doctor made the same question to her, of course she responded back that she was fine with not issues. He also asked about what kind of surgery cut was performed to her so she responded back it was on the bikini line, no more questions about.

So be happy, if everything goes well with your health report you will be up to receive your PPR very soon (hopefully)

Best regards,
Eduardo

jerrychilly

Aug 12, 2006
Noshy, do not worry about the c-section. I had one too, and that does not mean negative points on the medical exam, as I am already in Canada. Goodluck!

myusman

Feb 18, 2012
Brother no problem your previous medical history is normal and this thing cannot effect on your case