+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photos rejected repeatedly - Detroit based photo studio?

kulkarninik4

Apr 8, 2019
Have got our photos - me, my wife and 1 year old son rejected twice. Got them taken from CVS which got the biometric approval through their installed software. No indication from the officials as to what is wrong with the pictures. I am based in Detroit. Can anyone help me understand and guide me to a photographer who can take photos which would be approved?

techie12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I have heard sometimes they don’t accept photos from CVS, Walgreens etc. So best option is find a photo studio who can take photos for Canadian PR/Citizenship. Ensure that there is a date , seal from the studio and aabove that your respective names , DOB on each photos. Also send the receipt with photos which is mandatory. That’s what we did and it was approved first time itself. Search via Google or yelp I’m sure there are studios in your city who would take Canadian pr photos.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I took a photo from my Iphone. Thats the one I have used for passport renewal and express entry. CVS and other places take poor quality pics. Just try taking a pic with a white BG and edit the pic as per immigration requirement.
I totally agree. CVS takes photos with a 20 year old digital camera at a weird angle.
Whenever I come home from work, the border agents sometimes ask me for a second ID because the photo doesn't match my passport photo on record apparently.
The OP could try taking photos from different CVS and see if the government accepts it.
I'm not sure how to go about submitting a photo that I took myself, since the instructions say you have to write down the photo studio's information on the back.