Canuckywoman

Jan 30, 2015
Rotterdam, for now
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I somewhat got the answer on that awesome thread by pelipeli, but 1) I just want a confirmation before I open up Photoshop and 2) I'm trying to get my post count up to 10! :p

My question is: can I layout more than one photo on a sheet, caption them, and print them out that way? And are scans of wedding cards and other memorabilia acceptable?

Thank you... ;D

clwillia

Feb 14, 2015
The short answer: yes, yes, yes, yes and yes :)

the Long answer: try not to make anything too fancy with the photos, just one or two images per sheet with the captions, don't crop them in funny ways etc... I scanned piles of wedding cards and stuff as well as proof of our relationship.

Canuckywoman

Jan 30, 2015
Rotterdam, for now
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clwillia said:
The short answer: yes, yes, yes, yes and yes :)

the Long answer: try not to make anything too fancy with the photos, just one or two images per sheet with the captions, don't crop them in funny ways etc... I scanned piles of wedding cards and stuff as well as proof of our relationship.
Oh lordy...the idea of making MORE work for myself... :eek: LOL

No, definitely keeping it simple. :)

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
I did 2 photos by sheet with captions saying who's on the pic, date and place.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I suggest more than 2 photos per page, grouped together by event. For example, I put about 9 pictures of our Thailand holiday on the same page, about 10 photos of our time in NZ on the same page, about 10 photos of my partner's first Christmas in Canada etc. I titled each page and put little captions where necessary.

This will keep your page count down and let you include more pics; instead of 30 pages of 60 pics, you can do 10 pages of 100 pics. It will also make it more likely that the VO will actually look at all of the pics, as opposed to only the first few pages; VOs are just like the rest of us and can easily lose interest, especially if you're including 10 pages of pics of the same event, like a wedding.

clwillia

Feb 14, 2015
Personally, my concern with having more than about 2 photos per page is that the faces of the people in the photograph won't be clear, especially with large group shots to show family members attending weddings, engagement parties and the like.

I'm sure ultimately it doesn't really matter, but making it a obvious and as simple as possible is generally the best route.

For instance, rather than sending them my actual cards and ephemera, copying them made the application seem clearer and more coherent for me, the VO probably couldn't give a damn that I spent 20 hours collating the application :'(

swestenzweig

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
One consideration to keep in mind: the more pages you have the more it costs to print them out. I used larger photos with one or two photos per page and used ample page breaks for continuity. The problem is, while my document looks great, it also amounted to 131 pages. I found out the hard way that printing that many pages off, in color, can get very expensive (over $.60 per page).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
swestenzweig said:
I used larger photos with one or two photos per page and used ample page breaks for continuity. The problem is, while my document looks great, it also amounted to 131 pages.
While I'm sure your photos looked very good, I seriously doubt that the VO will even bother to look at 131 pages.

clwillia said:
Personally, my concern with having more than about 2 photos per page is that the faces of the people in the photograph won't be clear, especially with large group shots to show family members attending weddings, engagement parties and the like.

I'm sure ultimately it doesn't really matter, but making it a obvious and as simple as possible is generally the best route.
The photos should be more focused on the couple than on large group shots anyways; one such pic from the wedding is more than sufficient.

As I said to the above poster, there is little chance of a VO actually looking through 131 pages of photos. You can include 100 pics on 10 pages and know that the VO is most likely going to look at them all or you can put those same 100 pics on 50 pages and hope that the VO has the patience to look through them all.