+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photograph requirements for EE

rima91

Nov 17, 2018
hi all,

My consultant told me I need to get a digital photo taken for my ee application. He sent me a specifications sheet and I saw that the photography studio must sign the back of the photo and write his address. How will that be possible if im submitting a soft copy? Can someone elaborate on what exactly I should do? Should I ask for physical copy and scan both sides?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
No need for digital photo.
When you get PPR and send in your passport along with the photos, that's when you need to sign the back.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
hi all,

My consultant told me I need to get a digital photo taken for my ee application. He sent me a specifications sheet and I saw that the photography studio must sign the back of the photo and write his address. How will that be possible if im submitting a soft copy? Can someone elaborate on what exactly I should do? Should I ask for physical copy and scan both sides?
This is yet another example of how consultants sometimes are dangerous to applicants.
That spec sheet is for physical photos to submit when you receive PPR.
The digital photo requirements for EE are different. They are on 35x45mm format, white background. Specs are available in the document checklist page Post-ITA.
Be careful. Always double check what your consultant tells you to do. Stories of detroyed applications due to consultant mistakes are countless.

rima91

Nov 17, 2018
This is yet another example of how consultants sometimes are dangerous to applicants.
That spec sheet is for physical photos to submit when you receive PPR.
The digital photo requirements for EE are different. They are on 35x45mm format, white background. Specs are available in the document checklist page Post-ITA.
Be careful. Always double check what your consultant tells you to do. Stories of detroyed applications due to consultant mistakes are countless.
Thanks for pointing out this information. Can you point me to the page that lists the 35x45mm format requirement?

Last edited:

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018

rima91

Nov 17, 2018

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for pointing out this information. Can you point me to the page that lists the 35x45mm format requirement?
When you get to the document checklist and upload page Post-ITA, in the section for Digital Photo, you'll find a "help" button to bring up specifications. And they are indeed the same as what @catalyst441 gave you. Disregard the "temporary". Those are the specs. Here they are, as written in that help section:

Frame Size:
•The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
•The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
•The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
•Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/resolution:
•If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:
•The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
•The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
•The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Fawn1477

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2019
@Peacekeeper87 hi. I submitted my passport yesterday at the VFS and I used the same digital passport that I uploaded for my application. The digital passport was dated 8th of October 2018. Is this ok as it is still within the 6months validity? It should be valid till 8th of April..

Please share your thoughts

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Peacekeeper87 hi. I submitted my passport yesterday at the VFS and I used the same digital passport that I uploaded for my application. The digital passport was dated 8th of October 2018. Is this ok as it is still within the 6months validity? It should be valid till 8th of April..

Please share your thoughts
The specs of the photo is what is relevant, not the date. The specs for submitting the application is different from the one required for passport submission. You'll be required to submit the correct photo specification, and that may delay the processing of your passport.

Fawn1477

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2019
The specs of the photo is what is relevant, not the date. The specs for submitting the application is different from the one required for passport submission. You'll be required to submit the correct photo specification, and that may delay the processing of your passport.

Thanks for your reply. The specs of the photo that was sent with the PPR email said 50 by 70mm. Which is the same one I used for my application and scanned.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply. The specs of the photo that was sent with the PPR email said 50 by 70mm. Which is the same one I used for my application and scanned.
This means that you used the wrong specs for submitting your application. You should be fine in that case. Wishing you all the best.

Reactions: Fawn1477