+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photocopy or original translation?

AG78

Aug 5, 2014
Good night.
As I'm about to send my application, while checking again the instructions, I realized there is a discrepancy in the format I should send the translation (plus affidavit, I suppose). The main list of documents say that I should send photocopies of translations, BUT the "Remainders", well below this list say that I should make sure that the "original" translation is sent.

Nevertheless, I think I should send photocopies of both the translation and affidavit.

I wonder what people in the same case have done.

Thank you.

EmploymentOppty

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd say send the original one. At least we did so.
In fact, we've asked our translation company to provide additional certified copy for us just in case we'd need it in the future. Our case was kinda difficult: I had over 100 stamps in the passport half of them illegible. So we ended up with the right guys from translation company who have ordered for us extract from the border agency with exact entry-exit days. In my personal case, it was a smart decision, I believe, but won't be needed for everyone

Here's the team we worked with: http://www.docsbase.ca/ ask for Jason or Alex. Pretty smart guys and inexpensive

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
Hi all...I noticed this discrepancy as well.

My kids' birth certificates are not in English and had to be translated to English when we applied for PR. I initially included a copy of the translated and non English version of the birth certs in the application.

After reviewing the guide, I now wonder if I am required to submit the Original Translated Birth Certificate together with a copy of the non English birth certificate?