+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photocopy of permanent resident card for Parent sponsorship

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
One item required for parent sponsorship is photocopy of permanent resident card. Is the photocopy itself sufficient, or the copy has to be certified by notary?

I called CIC and the agent told me photocopy should be sufficient unless the instruction clearly asks for certified copy (and the instruction doesn't). But to be safe, I hope the friends here can tell me what you plan to submit. Thank you very much!

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
lukechen said:
One item required for parent sponsorship is photocopy of permanent resident card. Is the photocopy itself sufficient, or the copy has to be certified by notary?

I called CIC and the agent told me photocopy should be sufficient unless the instruction clearly asks for certified copy (and the instruction doesn't). But to be safe, I hope the friends here can tell me what you plan to submit. Thank you very much!
Hello, I am submitting the certified copy for safe side.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
If the guide doesn't specifically request certified/notarized, then a regular photocopy is fine.

Unless a document is not in English/French, then the copy always needs to be certified true with the official translation.

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
Rob_TO said:
If the guide doesn't specifically request certified/notarized, then a regular photocopy is fine.

Unless a document is not in English/French, then the copy always needs to be certified true with the official translation.
Thank you Rob! Your explanation makes perfect sense!